advertisement

The Euro 2020 (football) thread.

I thought Scotland did ok in the first half but were poor in the second. It all looked aimless, the miss from Dykes...what a sitter. The squad depth doesn't look good, shown by bringing on fat boy Fraser.

I originally had Scotland bottom of the group in a spreadsheet predictor but had begun to think they had a chance and fancied them today, not enough to put money on it, but I had a sneaking feeling they might do it. Never mind. I guess my hope that England, Scotland and Wales all go through the group stage made me hope for good things from a minnow/underdog.

Couldn't believe it when the commentator started rambling on about this being the best Scotland team ever if they qualify from the groups. I've seen some fantastic players for Scotland, for example the 1978 World Cup and there is no way this team is as good as that lot regardless of qualification from the group.

Roll on Friday...

Last edited:
Reactions: bob
Robertson really should have put that chnace away in the first half...still - would be typical of Scotland to beat England...

That would be typical Scotland - beat England but lose the other two games.

I thought they looked decent, if somewhat fragile at the back, in the first half - however they seemed to lose composure at the start of the 2nd half and were punished for it.

Last edited:
Sweden never leave their half of the pitch.
Do they know how to play this game?

advertisement

Back