advertisement

The Archers

Rob is bad and Helen is mad.

I have a soft spot for the Archers and have been listening since the 1960's. One of the best things is that most of the characters are so annoying which suits my curmudgeonly side and I can moan about them.

Eastenders?

YUK !!

Sorry Martyn that was meant for the Decameron.

In reply to your post, although I live with an addict, she never got into the Archers extra for
some reason.
In some ways I think the BBC fibbers are worse than politicians as we expect our leaders to lie.

Bloss

I'm not convinced he's dead btw. Can't be easy to 'accidentally' stab someone to death...unless you happen to nick their carotid or something. Most likely it's abdominal (although didn't she accidentally stab him twice?).

The Archers is garbage. I usually switch over as they announce it. I listened the the episode today because there had been a news item on the possible murder, I was busy on the computer and didnt reach for the remote.

I just felt like laughing through it.

I dont understand why people like it because its like the crossroads of Radio 4. Other Radio 4 plays are so much better and show up the archers as the lame joke it is

I dont understand why people like it because its like the crossroads of Radio 4. Other Radio 4 plays are so much better and show up the archers as the lame joke it is

As Jane Austen wrote in Emma: 'One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other half'.

If they must do the 'social message' stuff I'm not sure stabbing people is where women in this situation should be encouraged to end up. Didn't Carmen defend old Doddy when he got in a muddle with his complex tax arrangements? Something in the summing up like "there are accountants that could be considered comedians, but comedians are not accountants" or similar.

Listening now, seems nasty Rob ran on to her knife several times.

advertisement

Back