advertisement

The All-Purpose Antisocial Justice Worriers releases thread

Alternative conspiracy theory way of looking at the origin story of Claire Foxx...

At the time of her first Mercury nomination it is worth recounting the rumours seeping from the Dark Web. That on hearing of the collapse of Sonic Youth in the early 2010s, a Dr Frankenstein fan decided to build a new Kim Gordon from the ground up. Literally build...

Thanks I’ll take it. You have no idea (or maybe you do) how I would glom onto women punk bassists.

I’m playing at a LGBTQ+ Punk Burlesque show tonight in SE15 and in an awful twist of arrrrgh! The vinyl is being delivered at my house today, Right now, this moment while I am en route to London so I’ll only have download cards on sale tonight but as it’s a benefit 100% of all card proceeds go to Mermaids... but I’ll be mailing out records at the weekend.

Can’t do that, my pedalboard needs it...

ELa4m_CWoAUvn48

Final step, got home Friday night to find 6 boxes of vinyl under my desk. Boxed 90 to go this Monday next post. It’s been a slog becoming a punk balladeer with a bass-that-thinks-it’s-also-a-guitar but I got there in the end, thanks to the audience at the gig (download cards and preorders) it broke even and has given me the confidence to make another one in the coming year — certainly no shortage of material now and in the next 5 years of misrule.

ELsTQ0WW4AEhq3F

I guess I ought to change my sig now.

wish I'd seen this. I hate punk, being a hippy folkster, but love the artwork on the cover, and looking right up your nostrils might cheer the odd rainy day :)
Are there any left?

I have refunded your purchase, I was unable to start the 10% discount for some reason until the record was in hand, (something at my end I did wrong when setting up the storefront), so I decided a 10% Xmas discount would disappoint everyone who is waiting... so I’ve yanked the Xmas discount. It was supposed to be a nice seasonal gesture (even though I don’t do Xmas) but never mind.

I cannot tell if you were joking or not. At this stage, with everything boxed and labelled prior to shipping it is safer just to refund anyone not happy waiting for their preorders. The 10% off coupon was supposed to be a nice gesture but your comment made me think it had backfired & I had upset ppl that had preordered. I have to take that sort of thing prior to delivery v.seriously, it’s huge responsibility to me.

Everything has been shipped. Phew that was a slog, I’ll update Bandcamp with delivery status later after a hot bath.

All been collected by RM yesterday, shipped today. You will all have your notifications and tracking codes sent by email. All signed inside as requested. Let me know how you get on.

Because there is a FLAC/MP3/WAV download provided automatically with any purchase via bandcamp there isn’t a voucher inside those copies. Download cards are inside records purchased at gigs or sold outside of Bandcamp (CARTEL distribution, Boomkat, Discogs, Rough Trade and so on) so everyone gets a download.

[Dusts hands down] that’s all folks, let me know how you get on... all DIY front to back. Still sticking to my no streaming guns.

My copy has just arrived. I have put it in a completely random place in the stack, which happens to be between Monk and Joni. That's my part of the bargain fulfilled, now you have to go out and become a stadium rock star with a priceless back catalogue. Many thanks for your efforts - it looks and feels great.

advertisement

Back