advertisement

The 2024 Formula One Season

I think Newey should give it all up and go sailing. They say his new yacht will be ready early next year. Sailing is something you need loads of time for especially if you're wanting to cruise the world. Plus he's getting on a bit now so he needs to make the most of the time he has left, he's not really got anything to prove.

Newey appears well-motivated to me. Assuming he's in good health I don't believe age should be a barrier to his ambitions. For all we know he may well see his decision as 'making most of the time he has left'.

John

I think Newey should give it all up and go sailing. They say his new yacht will be ready early next year. Sailing is something you need loads of time for especially if you're wanting to cruise the world. Plus he's getting on a bit now so he needs to make the most of the time he has left, he's not really got anything to prove.

Is life all about 'proving' something?

If he enjoys what he does, crack on really, the amount of retirees I know who lost themselves when their world was turned off is untrue, obviously having millions in the bank helps mitigate that somewhat, but still, do what you enjoy till you don't enjoy it anymore.

Maybe he just needs a last hurrah and to work away from the toxic soup at RB to ease himself into those God's waiting room years..

I hope he retires, he's earned it and why not quite while you're on a high. He's already said he wants to go touring with his wife and while the press will doubtless speculate as to where he is going next at every opportunity I do wonder if he just feels enough is enough. The only slight indicator as to otherwise is the negotiation of an early release from Red Bull, if he was certain about retiring now I don't think that would have been important. As for whether the atmosphere at RB is toxic or not I doubt we'll ever know... at the end of the day they are far and away the best team right now and I doubt that is all down to Newey and Verstappen even if a sizeable chunk of it is, so let's see if anyone else leaves (as Zak Brown believes they will) or whether the success continues as I suspect it will.

I hope he retires, he's earned it and why not quite while you're on a high. He's already said he wants to go touring with his wife and while the press will doubtless speculate as to where he is going next at every opportunity I do wonder if he just feels enough is enough. The only slight indicator as to otherwise is the negotiation of an early release from Red Bull, if he was certain about retiring now I don't think that would have been important. As for whether the atmosphere at RB is toxic or not I doubt we'll ever know... at the end of the day they are far and away the best team right now and I doubt that is all down to Newey and Verstappen even if a sizeable chunk of it is, so let's see if anyone else leaves (as Zak Brown believes they will) or whether the success continues as I suspect it will.
Zac Brown is in the know!
Jonathan Wheatley sounding out other teams now.

Red Bull’s pitstop guru Jonathan Wheatley considering his future

Newey who, who is this man who has nothing to prove, has he ever won a race, if not he has a shedload to prove,
to be honest, i only/ probably know the names of the top 6-8, the rest just make up the numbers,

Is life all about 'proving' something?

If he enjoys what he does, crack on really, the amount of retirees I know who lost themselves when their world was turned off is untrue, obviously having millions in the bank helps mitigate that somewhat, but still, do what you enjoy till you don't enjoy it anymore.

Maybe he just needs a last hurrah and to work away from the toxic soup at RB to ease himself into those God's waiting room years..

I don’t believe life is about proving something but you have to be satisfied with it yourself.

it wouldn’t make sense to me why he’d be having an Oyster yacht in build and then get involved with another team and contract now. if it were me I’d be on that yacht and no one would see me for a couple of years.

I don’t believe life is about proving something but you have to be satisfied with it yourself.

it wouldn’t make sense to me why he’d be having an Oyster yacht in build and then get involved with another team and contract now. if it were me I’d be on that yacht and no one would see me for a couple of years.
I would think the lead in time to order the yacht substantially predated his apparent disillusionment with Red Bull and his subsequent decision to move.

What do the pfm F1 massive think of MAG defensive driving in the sprint race. Acceptable or professional foul?

I would think the lead in time to order the yacht substantially predated his apparent disillusionment with Red Bull and his subsequent decision to move.
I don’t think this is all about “disillusionment“ with Red Bull. It’s reported his yacht will be finished next year. Everything seems to tie up with that. Have you seen the YouTube video about him and his yacht? It looks fantastic. I reckon that’s the number one thing on his mind right now. I’ve had a boat the fraction of the size of his built and nothing else matters….

What do the pfm F1 massive think of MAG defensive driving in the sprint race. Acceptable or professional foul?
Professional foul but it was entertaining.

Had it been for serious points then it would have been much worse. I know I should view the seriousness of it equally ie whether front runners or for mid field places but I can’t get myself too upset about it.

3 penalty points were about right. Maybe exponential time penalties should have been applied or penalties carried over to the next race.

advertisement

Back