advertisement

The 2024 Formula One Season

Of course in this case he could see that Merc would still be behind RBR (2023, let alone 2024) and so the improvements that he was looking for were not happening.

Yes that’s a better way of putting what I was getting at. To this layman the Ferrari looks a bit further on, but of course this could change and everything looks like it’s standing still compared to that amazing RB.

Last edited:
2 times world champion Prost and six times race winner Senna in the same team, how does that compare to 7 times world champion Hamilton and 4 times world champion Verstappen in the same team ? Maybe Verstappen and Leclerc in same team would compare a little ?

2 times world champion Prost and six times race winner Senna in the same team, how does that compare to 7 times world champion Hamilton and 4 times world champion Verstappen in the same team ? Maybe Verstappen and Leclerc in same team would compare a little ?
It compares just fine for me. Two of the best drivers of their era in the same dominant car with no team orders.

Just realised I was at school with Christian Horner. I always thought he looked kinda familiar/ known him from somewhere (was I a buddy or summink? Possibly, can't quite recall that clearly mind).

Capt

Just realised I was at school with Christian Horner. I always thought he looked kinda familiar/ known him from somewhere (was I a buddy or summink? Possibly, can't quite recall that clearly mind).

Capt

My slightly dubious connection was that our wedding photographer also took the earliest nude pictures of Ginger Spice that got plastered over the Lad's mags of the day. He did not ask for similar poses at our Wedding fortunately.

My slightly dubious connection was that our wedding photographer also took the earliest nude pictures of Ginger Spice that got plastered over the Lad's mags of the day. He did not ask for similar poses at our Wedding fortunately.
Oh come on, I'm sure you'd look great naked :D

Just when you thought the madness couldn't notch up a little comes....

Felipe Massa seeking $80m as he files lawsuit against FIA, F1 and Bernie Ecclestone
I am sure that it's all about $. There is no way his suit will overturn a result that long ago, in any case I don't imagine there is precedent for a court to overturn a sporting events outcome. He is probably hoping that the FIA just give him a few bob to go away.

I did respect him as a driver particularly after coming back from his head injury but have lost that respect over this frivolous law suit.

F1 paddock photographer Kym Illman suggests that Sainz may not be race fit for Melbourne, and Olly may get a second bite at the Ferrari cherry ....

Our son recently had emergency keyhole surgery to have his appendix out. They still cut muscles even though it’s keyhole. I think Sainz will struggle to be able to race before 6 weeks have elapsed. I know super fit drivers mend faster than our fit mountain biker son but even so they still have to mend.

Last edited:
An idea to make F1 a bit more interesting and less static. Force one team at every race to use one of their spare drivers.

Yeah, I know it's artificial, but so is DRS and forcing the teams to use at least two different tire compounds during a race.

There’s a lovely video doing the rounds on Facebook showing the welcome Ollie Bearman received upon his return to school this week. I can’t find another source for linking here. It’s quite surreal.

An idea to make F1 a bit more interesting and less static. Force one team at every race to use one of their spare drivers.

Yeah, I know it's artificial, but so is DRS and forcing the teams to use at least two different tire compounds during a race.
We do absolutely not need any more gimmicks in F1, DRS is bad enough frankly. If one driver/team is making it boring the other teams need to step up!

Well, going by the results last Sunday, that would achieve pretty much nothing. The car will finish roughly where its performance dictates.

advertisement

Back