advertisement

The 2024 Formula One Season

Wonder if we'll ever see that in horse racing.....
I doubt it would hit the top level racing any time soon. The riders are as much a part of horse racing as the horse and the trainer. In camel racing, the riders were disposable tools.

Imagine being 27 years old with circa ÂŁ15 Million in the bank... oh what to do with my life now?...

Don't know about anybody else, but personally I'd just accept that my F1 career is a job done and I couldn't cut it. Yes painful (especially for a typical F1 drivers ego) but there you go that's life. I might even be upset enough to just say f*k it, screw you all (meaning motorsport in general), and spend the rest of my life on a beach somewhere. I mean having got to F1 level, why would you want to ever compete at lower levels again? Unless you get in to a completely different kind of racing such as Powerboats, Rally or that one they do in the desert.

It happens a lot as the vast majority never become champions; in fact many don't even get as high as OCO did. He did well, 8/9 years in F1 and had some nice results over the years not forgetting a win putting him in rare company (only 114 F1 winners). A decent wedge to secure himself and time to build another career. They are elite athletes with an elite athlete mindset so will do well in anything they choose to. I am sure he will be feeling a bit down but in time he can look back on a fair run of it.

Kangaroos have unoficially joined Bathurst race events from time to time, and ocassionally had a pile up..

The answer is obviously to fit the cars with collision detection radar and auto emergency stop braking feature...... but maybe that wouldn't work so well during the racing itself :p :)

The answer is obviously to fit the cars with collision detection radar and auto emergency stop braking feature...... but maybe that wouldn't work so well during the racing itself :p :)
As Ben Mendelsohn said in the film 'Beautiful Kate' "I wouldn't have swerved for no ****in' roo". A very Australian solution.

IKBA but Sainz is a far better long term prospect but might threaten MV. Caveat to this I think he possibly prefers a set up similar to that which Perez likes and may not like a car so clearly made for MV.

I do find this a bit strange. I’d put SAI way ahead of PER now he has become available. Autosport did a bit on an analysis on this.

Speaking to Formel1.de, Schumacher said:

“You shouldn't forget, as long as Max Verstappen stays, that's what I've heard at least once, the budget limits are relatively tight at Red Bull, and Perez brings money.”

Perez boasts sponsorship deals with the likes of Disney, Telcel, Mobil, Claro, Nescafé and KitKat.

“You shouldn't forget, as long as Max Verstappen stays, that's what I've heard at least once, the budget limits are relatively tight at Red Bull, and Perez brings money.”

Perez boasts sponsorship deals with the likes of Disney, Telcel, Mobil, Claro, Nescafé and KitKat.

And Carlos Slim is his godfather.

I am unconvinced that Red Bull need his sponsors. They are his personal sponsors not team sponsors although there may be some quid pro quo going on. RB splurge millions on many sports events around the world with F1 being the crown of them all. I don't think a few quid here or there will make the slightest difference to driver hiring decisions. They probably can't spend all the money they have available due to the spend cap anyway.

Sainz is a very capable driver and possibly better than Perez, but he’s never bested LeClerc over the course of a full season so I don’t think he would trouble Verstappen much.
RB may as well stick with Sergio for a bit longer and see what happens with the new regs and if Max ever decides to move.

Not quite sure why I did not watch it when it released last year but I have been watching the fascinating Brawn: The Impossible Formula One Story narrated by Keanu Reeves. I am half way through and Keanu has got in front of all the key people including Bernie.

Some great insights into the politics of the time especially FOTA restarting and threatening the breakaway series with Bernie being inscrutable and provocative.

Well worth a look.

Sainz not signing to RB. Well, the easy answer might be, who want's to play second fiddle to Max? I wouldn't, I rather be a hero at Williams then a zero at Red Max, to take a real world example.

Sainz is a very capable driver and possibly better than Perez, but he’s never bested LeClerc over the course of a full season so I don’t think he would trouble Verstappen much.
RB may as well stick with Sergio for a bit longer and see what happens with the new regs and if Max ever decides to move.

Well, 2021: Carlos 5'th, Leclerc 7'th in the championship.

advertisement

Back