advertisement

The 2023 Formula One Season

I actually went to the first two years of the Revival (‘98 ‘99) with my son who is now 30!
For me the big advantage of the Revival is that you hear some of the great engines on wide open throttle for long periods rather than a few seconds at a time up the hill.

Going on Sunday this year. :D

Been to the revival a few times - got my picture in one of the classic car mags once..

BPOq4HH.jpg

wJS4iEI.jpg

He does a lot of the time but you have to be careful posting wonderful stuff like this on the this thread as the self proclaimed owner of the thread dosent allow discussions as such, and makes ‘other threads’ for people to discuss these important matters.

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/racism-sexism-etc-in-sport.276223/

Its nice to see Lewis still having focus on important stuff even when his chips are down. Having lived in Florida for a couple of years and my ex girlfriend being a native, I find they have some of the most archaic laws and social principles outside of the Middle East.

@flutteringwow

Discussions are allowed. Circular arguments aren’t good. Racist hints aren’t good. Arguments where nobody is going to back down aren’t good.

It all just results in some of us adding names to the ignore list.

@flutteringwow

Discussions are allowed. Circular arguments aren’t good. Racist hints aren’t good. Arguments where nobody is going to back down aren’t good.

It all just results in some of us adding names to the ignore list.

Sadly, if you have a bunch of racists and the racist sympathisers (I tell it like it is sorry if that upsets them) invading a relatively liberal forum and discussion about a sport with people in that sport supporting their rhetoric, you will end up with cyclic arguments as they try to disprove their allegiance is anything but, that's just life. You can't *own* a discussion in my opinion.

People are now more aware that F1 is a much bigger thing than just building and racing cars, and that it's questionable history and people in it are being exposed, bigger discussions are raised. It isn't the 60's anymore where we just don't 'talk about it'.

I enjoy the ignore lists as they make me giggle when members have to declare they have someone in ignore like a right of passage to the bellend club! " Hey everyone look what I did!"

Oh ffs! He's at it again. :(

I’m just glad I don’t know that person outside of the forum. Comes across as the angry person who looks for reasons to be even angrier.
Been on ignore for a long time now, but I take a peep, every now and then.

I’ve only just seen George Russell’s interview where he says that Max Verstappen’s little spat was pathetic. Good man!

advertisement

Back