advertisement

The 2023 Formula One Season

Incidentally, according to Ian Wagstaff's book on the Lotus 18 that photo of the drivers at Spa in '61 shows a meeting of the GPDA. The previous year's race would have been uppermost in their thoughts.

Another Max master class although Aston Martin made a major strategy error that would have made things much more interesting if they hadn’t. If we want to see how much of the Red Bull/Max combo is the car just look at where Perez ended up. I suspect had positions been reversed Max would have finished a whole lot higher than 16th. Anyway he is coasting to a third championship.
My prediction at the beginning of the season was that only mechanical failure or accidents will stop Red Bull making a clean sweep of all the races. It's looking good. McLaren came closest with 15 out of 16 back in the Senna-Prost days.

Most exciting grand prix in ages at Monaco thanks to the rain ! glad Alonso still made 2nd after a strategy error ,pretty certain he would not have been quick enough to beat red bull even without the mistake .Ferrari drivers getting all Mr Angry and overdriving , they seem desperate for results as things are still not going well with the team

He, or his team, messed up the tyre strategy when the rain came down. He could have won.
Right. It's weird how they got that wrong. It's raining, let's change for dry tyres. it would have been better to just leave him in his current tyres if they were waiting for it to dry.

The driver standings at the moment; two Red Bull, then two Mercedes, then two Ferrari, then two Alpine, with only the two Astons out of order and splitting them up...

Good to see wee Estoban getting a podium out of it.

I’m not a fan of either Max or Lewis but I think Max has much improved not reckless anymore. Lewis I’m afraid I can’t see him catching Max he seems to have learnt to conserve his tyres, his pole was epic especially in the final sector.

Regards,

Martin

Another flawless weekend display by Red Bull, well done to them. I must admit it's the one race I don't bother to watch live, those barges squeezing their way around streets doesn't appeal. It was a circuit of it's time, i.e. when the cars were half the size.

I think it was Bernie E who was asked what would improve F1 and replied "sprinklers". Yesterday certainly supports that theory.

Another flawless weekend display by Red Bull, well done to them. I must admit it's the one race I don't bother to watch live, those barges squeezing their way around streets doesn't appeal. It was a circuit of it's time, i.e. when the cars were half the size.

Fair comment, but it's the best qualifying session of the year as hustling a car round those streets is genuinely an act of millimetre precision. Max's quali lap was one of the best quali laps I have ever seen and I have been watching this sport for nearly 50 years.

Fair comment, but it's the best qualifying session of the year as hustling a car round those streets is genuinely an act of millimetre precision. Max's quali lap was one of the best quali laps I have ever seen and I have been watching this sport for nearly 50 years.

I agree the qualifying is fun but the race itself hasn’t been interesting to me for years. I watched some of the qualifying but not the race.

It's my favourite cicuit for qualifying but I agre about the race.

advertisement

Back