advertisement

The 2022 Formula One Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

What about Colin Crabbe / Antique Automobiles that Ronnie P drove for in 1970? Or Rob Walkers team that won a number of WC races? Or Ecurie Bonnier? This must be only works teams?

Dragging on longer than the safety car period when a driver’s tear-off lands on the tarmac.

I am still so angry about this I can hardly bring myself to talk about it. It was a complete and flagrant on the fly rewriting of the rules to influence the result, Masi or whoever told him what to do needs to be held to account and fired or publically admit they manipulated the result. Before the usual suspects play the fanboy card, yes I am a HAM fan but yes VER did deserve to win just as much if not more than HAM this year but this situation is BULLSHIT!!!!! If you doubt it, pretend it was the other way round with VER in a comfortable lead and then imagine Masi making up rules to favour HAM to take a last lap win. Can you just imagine the fallout from that around favouritism! Given the amount of noise HAM gets anyway with memes like FIAmilton etc just think what Red Bull would have done, do you think they would have quietly dropped the appeal.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Sorry all but I cannot let this go yet. My problem I know but I was not even this angry for MSC taking out Damon in 1994.

I am still so angry about this I can hardly bring myself to talk about it. It was a complete and flagrant on the fly rewriting of the rules to influence the result, Masi or whoever told him what to do needs to be held to account and fired or publically admit they manipulated the result. Before the usual suspects play the fanboy card, yes I am a HAM fan but yes VER did deserve to win just as much if not more than HAM this year but this situation is BULLSHIT!!!!! If you doubt it, pretend it was the other way round with VER in a comfortable lead and then imagine Masi making up rules to favour HAM to take a last lap win. Can you just imagine the fallout from that around favouritism! Given the amount of noise HAM gets anyway with memes like FIAmilton etc just think what Red Bull would have done, do you think they would have quietly dropped the appeal.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Sorry all but I cannot let this go yet. My problem I know but I was not even this angry for MSC taking out Damon in 1994.
You need something to really worry about.

Dragging on longer than the safety car period when a driver’s tear-off lands on the tarmac.

This would be a big loss if it happened. I hope that Hamilton can just accept that the people who make these decisions made a howling mess of it and continue. After all, who is left to compete with Max Verstappen? These are the two outstanding drivers on the grid.

It won’t take much for the fia and stewards to push me away from F1 now.

I've already decided I won't be paying for a subscription next year pending the inquiry results, I intend to watch a pirated race using a VPN and only if Lewis is back in. They won't be earning any more money out of me that's for sure.

This would be a big loss if it happened. I hope that Hamilton can just accept that the people who make these decisions made a howling mess of it and continue. After all, who is left to compete with Max Verstappen? These are the two outstanding drivers on the grid.
They’ll turn on Max if Lewis steps to one side and leaves him to win race after race without anyone to challenge him. We all knows he’s that good already and will only get better. It’s a frightening thought. Championships were going to come to him anyway - it didn’t need the rule makers engineering a result to hand him one the way they did.

I've already decided I won't be paying for a subscription next year pending the inquiry results, I intend to watch a pirated race using a VPN and only if Lewis is back in. They won't be earning any more money out of me that's for sure.

What inquiry results would satisfy you?

You need something to really worry about.

I am not worried about it, just cross. I have plenty of stuff to worry about that I use F1 to escape from.

I like to be distracted, entertained and thrilled by watching sports and F1 is the main sport I follow. I enjoy most elements of it but it leaves a really sour taste when the audience are taken for mugs by the FIA because someone wanted to, on the fly, change the rules to get a certain result.

Of course there are more important things to get upset about and I do but this is an F1 thread so appropriate for my feelings I feel.

IMO Hamilton is using reverse psychology and his position in the sport to ensure the rules are going to be fairly applied from now on. Liberty Media as a media company wanted controversy as they want F1 talked about and boy have they got that as no one would still be even thinking about the sport in January had Lewis cruised to an 8th title. Lewis, I suspect, knows that this is partly the reason Abu Dhabi went down the way it did, but he also knows he is a rare sporting phenomenon where a sportsperson is almost bigger than the sport itself like Ronnie O'Sullivan is to snooker and Tiger Woods was to golf etc. Therefore he knows that Liberty Media will be a lot worse off should he choose to withdraw and hence he is holding all the cards in many ways.

His actions now are about using that status against Liberty Media, the FIA etc. to get the assurances he wants that the rules will be clear and applied fairly and consistently and F1 has little choice but to acquiesce to his demands otherwise it is quite likely that we will watch Verstappen romp unchallenged to several WCs with the associated loss of interest by many and the accusation that, where the 2021 WC was tainted by inconsistent application of the rules, the subsequent ones will be tainted by the aftermath that lead to Hamilton's retirement.

I fully expect Lewis to get what he wants as Liberty Media know which side their bread is buttered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back