advertisement

The 2020 F1 Season

Will be very good for the teams.

As the income from races etc is is greater than what a team would save by not having to travel and make extra parts.

They'd have to stop the teams doing pit stops unless its one person on each corner of the car, that would make things interesting with regards to tactics.

They'd have to stop the teams doing pit stops unless its one person on each corner of the car, that would make things interesting with regards to tactics.

Have you seen the PPE the crews wear during pit stops?

Not a great leap to wearing a suitable mask, really.

Will be very good for the teams.

As the income from races etc is is greater than what a team would save by not having to travel and make extra parts.

Don't they (the teams) get all their travel paid by the FIA, if they make a certain number of championship points in the previous season? Or is that an old way?

All the equipment that is transported to the circuit is paid for by the FIA (as long as the team finishes in the top 10), but the race team and their hotels etc are not.

Having been without F1 for so long I've realised I don't really give a f**k.

If Sky think we're all coming flocking back they're in for a shock! (same for live football too I think).

Having been without F1 for so long I've realised I don't really give a f**k.

If Sky think we're all coming flocking back they're in for a shock! (same for live football too I think).
Or some will say that we are desperate for this monotony to end.

A good start would be for F1 to offer me my $500 back for the grandstand tickets I had for Canada. Instead they are hanging on to it while they see if they can reschedule and then offer me options. Have not received so much as an email - found out about the postponement via their website.

I think that’ll be the circuit, not F1, that’s hanging on to your money. Just as travel companies are. It’s that, or they cease to exist.

I think that’ll be the circuit, not F1, that’s hanging on to your money. Just as travel companies are. It’s that, or they cease to exist.

Yes. The circuits are paying F1 to come and play. The circuits get the money from paying public, advertisments and (possibly) the respective governments.

Allways has been this way. I remember when Ronnie P died in 1978 the main sponor of the Swedish GP at Anderstorp bailed out. Result: No GP the next year (or ever).

Yes. The circuits are paying F1 to come and play. The circuits get the money from paying public, advertisments and (possibly) the respective governments.

Allways has been this way. I remember when Ronnie P died in 1978 the main sponor of the Swedish GP at Anderstorp bailed out. Result: No GP the next year (or ever).
The circuits make no money from the advertising at F1 meetings. They scrape by with ticket sales and some of the hospitality packages. They pay, I think, around $30m to host the race.

So handing back a few tens of thousands of $500 won’t be easy.

Like many things in F1 there is a big imbalance.

The old circuits struggle because new countries seem keen ti market themselves through having races at new circuits. These governments then pay a lot of money to have the F1 race there. The F1 owners, therefore decided to charge the older circuits more and more.

And that puts us where we are today.

Sean99, I hope that you get your money back or get to see a great race event at some point in the not too distant future.

advertisement

Back