advertisement

Tellurium Q Black - your experiences

But they may learn something new from deliberating over speaker cables..

Indeed. All that amazing cable science that could be used to provide us with secure cryptography and an endless source of energy instead of just providing audiophile enjoyment....

anyhow, opening the box I was initially quite disappointed they felt so light and insubstantial against the Clearer Audio cables.

Ever seen Duelund DCA16GA? Looks like something you'd have wired a 1970's music centre with. Most definitely doesn't sound like it.

One manufacturer I know regularly gets requests from distributors in the Far East to 'bling up' their products. Apparently Plain Jane looks aren't much good for showing off to your friends as a status symbol.

So after agonising for ages, looking at Chord, Vertere, Audioquest and some other suspects, I feel that I really did make the right choice. BTW - I use a naim pre/power, Copland cdp and Clearaudio Emotion tt via Opera Grand Mezza speakers.

Anyhowz, back on topic. Not heard of those speakers.

I'm also now very tempted to get a pair of WitchHat Audio N2's to pitch the TQBs against. http://www.witchhatservicing.co.uk/product/n2-loudspeaker-cable/ Seems to be a worthy contender.

Dueland is new to me - seems very inexpensive when I looked it up, so could be worth a punt some time.

My normal 'go to option' for speaker cable is, er, quite expensive.

I view the Duelund as a kind of musical equivalent to a Sugden a21, what it does well it does very well indeed, and its shortcomings, such as they are, are musically benign, to the point of irrelevance IMO.

I suspect it's not a one size fits all solution (what is?) but let's just say at the moment I have no intention/desire to spend any more money on speaker cables.

I had some thick speaker cables way back
Mark Levinson & Monster
both were horrible I found out time wasted with these

OTOH
have some big snake Linn 400 quite good so no easy shortcut on this subject

Julf, I don't need to read anything about what I'm hearing, I'm talking from real first hand experiences.

The message you commented on wasn't about what you are hearing. It was about the conclusions of a thread and article. Might it not be good to actually read the article before commenting?

advertisement

Back