advertisement

Tellurium Q Black - your experiences

I'm tempted to dip into the cable market after a long sabbatical in the 'studio cable' arena... Tellurium Q Black seams to be the flava and within budget (albeit S/H) So was wonder which fishies have these and what their opinion is/was and what they did/didn't replace?

Multi strand copper speaker cable > Tellurium Q Black - tried to burn/break it in after 6 weeks was glad to sell it > VD Blue 4mm - not perfect but a hell of a lot easier on the ears. Another nail in coffin of bothering to trust subjectivists enthusiasms.

Go buy some find out for yourself.

I had Inakustik LS1102. I then tried Tellurium Q Black and music sounded more articulate and realistic to my ears.

After a few months of use I was so positively impressed that I ended up not only replacing the jumpers but also my speakers' internal cabling.

I had Inakustik LS1102. I then tried Tellurium Q Black and music sounded more articulate and realistic to my ears.

After a few months of use I was so positively impressed that I ended up not only replacing the jumpers but also my speakers' internal cabling.
What are your speakers?

I think it's a very good & fairly neutral cable. Everything is there, good clean deep bass, clear treble without being harsh, nice vocals, details etc etc.
2nd hand, you've got very little to lose by taking a gamble on it. Re-selling it on if you don't like it will be easy.
It will likely come down to your expectations. I dont think ANY cable will make massive differences. Maybe a couple of % points, kinda the cherry on the cake. I certainly wouldn't suggest using cables for any fundamental differences or upgrades.

I tried Tellurium Q Black speaker cable for a while and was also glad to see the back of it. Anyone who thinks cables don't sound different should try this stuff. It sounded grainy, coloured and dull, and weeks of running it in didn't change that.

I have quite a few different speaker cables at various price levels, the most expensive being Cardas Clear Light, and the cheapest being Van Damme and Talk Cable 3 (latest version). The Talk cable is extremely cheap and is really very good.

I tried Tellurium Q Black speaker cable for a while and was also glad to see the back of it. Anyone who thinks cables don't sound different should try this stuff. It sounded grainy, coloured and dull, and weeks of running it in didn't change that.

I have quite a few different speaker cables at various price levels, the most expensive being Cardas Clear Light, and the cheapest being Van Damme and Talk Cable 3 (latest version). The Talk cable is extremely cheap and is really very good.

May I ask what speakers and amp are you using?

Also had Black for awhile and impressed at first then realised a lot was missing as I felt it was a sound changer rather than an upgrade . I also sold it on and was easily passed on due to all the hype about it

Great thread. There are still people that listen to cables. Reminds me of the dancing man in 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest'.

Back to the OP

I bought ultra black speaker cable as it was a significant improvement over my Townsend Isolda.

On the back of that experience I bought a Tellurium interconnect which was also better than the Isolda it replaced

I've just this week bought a s/h short pair of Tellurium black q (not ultra) to compare against Kimber 8VS. One of them will be moved on

TQ Black owner here, l found it to be a tad system dependant, as it is l found a very 'fresh' sound ( sorry cannot think of any way of saying it in any other terms:rolleyes:) and it is really revealing, get it right and it is a very nice cable.:)

advertisement

Back