advertisement

Teddypardo ND555 & NDS power supply is here

I have Teddy’s supplies for an ND555 and they work well. I preferred the Naim 555PS in a straight fight, it gave more drive and body to the sound of the ND555 but the difference between the £6k Naim supply and Teddy XPSs wasn’t huge. The fact that Teddy’s supplies were competitive, to such an extent that I am sure some would prefer their sound to the Naim PS, certainly leads you to question why Naim power supplies are so expensive. Teddy’s supplies are a nice way to get into Naim’s top streaming DAC which does sound mighty fine however it’s powered.

250$ for extra socket? It is 25% more....

there is no doubt that it offers value vs Naim but still 250$ extra for the same product does not make sense, I used a txps and liked the sound and he is a gentleman to deal with so I like the guy and the product...

and there are many aggressive teddy fans here... Creates antipathy for the brand although Teddy got nothing to do with it

250$ for extra socket? It is 25% more....

there is no doubt that it offers value vs Naim but still 250$ extra for the same product does not make sense, I used a txps and liked the sound and he is a gentleman to deal with so I like the guy and the product...

and there are many aggressive teddy fans here... Creates antipathy for the brand although Teddy got nothing to do with it
Aggressive teddy fans? Sounds like a fracas at a Victoria’s Secret shop.......

There is no extra socket, the xps and xps plus look identical, the difference is pin layout off the burndy and the voltage they carry.
I guess the extra cost is because the xps plus has a limit market over the normal xps.

There is no extra socket, the xps and xps plus look identical, the difference is pin layout off the burndy and the voltage they carry.
I guess the extra cost is because the xps plus has a limit market over the normal xps.

I said as much the same in Post #157 but @emrei seems to have a Teddy Pardo agenda here.

The TP XPS+ might be 25% more but we have stated possible reasons for this. Perhaps he should ask Naim why their costs are so much more?

I said as much the same in Post #157 but @emrei seems to have a Teddy Pardo agenda here.

The TP XPS+ might be 25% more but we have stated possible reasons for this. Perhaps he should ask Naim why their costs are so much more?
it is the Aston Martins they driving....
I am not making a case against TD PSs, just asking a legitimate question for the 25% price difference of a same product...

it is the Aston Martins they driving....
I am not making a case against TD PSs, just asking a legitimate question for the 25% price difference of a same product...

As much as I like Naim products, I don’t think I would be funding their Power Supply Pension Fund pot. However, they do have to support their dealer network, and that probably costs them ~40% of the the retail price.

As much as I like Naim products, I don’t think I would be funding their Power Supply Pension Fund pot. However, they do have to support their dealer network, and that probably costs them ~40% of the the retail price.
Almost Same margins for all Hi-Fi sold trough dealers..... and many other categories sold trough traditonal distribution channels... i bet you prefer Amazon vs local book shop etc...

advertisement

Back