advertisement

Teddypardo ND555 & NDS power supply is here

You use the burndy cable that came with the NDS, should have 2 off them?

my Nds came without any cables....i'm using the burndy cable on the teddy xps ...my question is if teddy xps and teddy plus use the same type of cable? and if the naim burndy is better than teddypardo burndy

Last edited:
Hi there,

My NDS came with the 2 Burndy cables and they are marked 1 and 2 as they are different.

Teddy sells the Burndy cable for the XPS plus for socket 2. I would therefore expect you can use your existing cable as is and get the cable for socket 2.

Unfortunately I cannot compare the Teddy Burndy vs. the Naim as I have only used the Naim ones.

I can say you will not be disappointed with the XPS plus. I got mine 10 days ago and is a superb upgrade compared to a barebones XPS which it is now paired with.

hi, what is SPXS cable ?
Hi, it’s the 11 pin Naim cable that carries power only. Used for various CD players and streamers. It is very unlikely that a power only cable will have any discernible effect on sound quality, unless it’s incredibly badly made. The TP version works just as well as the Naim and is less than half the price. Make up your own mind!

I have never compared them, I use the teddy xps with its cable. instead I use a different power cord, a nordost valhalla 1 , and yes, it makes a real difference.
And if one day i will change the teddy for the 555ps, i will also get its naim cable...

Good, as long as your happy, that’s the main thing. Power cables (I.e those from the wall to the PSU) can make a difference, through decoupling at the mains plug (that’s what we did at the factory and is designed into the Naim power leads). I have yet to hear any difference with cables only carrying 24v or below power only. Obviously the ‘wall wart’ type transformers supplied with most equipment these days can put lots of rubbish back into the mains and their replacement with something more suitable does indeed make a difference to SQ.

just ordered yesterday a teddy xps + which will be added to my nds / teddy xps. I hope it's the right choice, I'll let you know how it works

Good, as long as your happy, that’s the main thing. Power cables (I.e those from the wall to the PSU) can make a difference, through decoupling at the mains plug (that’s what we did at the factory and is designed into the Naim power leads). I have yet to hear any difference with cables only carrying 24v or below power only. Obviously the ‘wall wart’ type transformers supplied with most equipment these days can put lots of rubbish back into the mains and their replacement with something more suitable does indeed make a difference to SQ.

I have found that power cables feeding my TXPS and TXPS+ *do* make An audible difference. However a more immediate ("bigger") differences comeS from changing fuses in the units (in my case Synergistic Orange). A more expensive and more significant upgrade came from the power feeding the Teddy units (I use An Airlink Balanced Mains Unit ASF3000)

Hi Hound

Was there any difference between the naim sxps and teddy burndy ?
Presently i have a CDS3 with the teddy burndy , contemplating upgrade to 555dr

thanks in advance

I have found that power cables feeding my TXPS and TXPS+ *do* make An audible difference. However a more immediate ("bigger") differences comeS from changing fuses in the units (in my case Synergistic Orange). A more expensive and more significant upgrade came from the power feeding the Teddy units (I use An Airlink Balanced Mains Unit ASF3000)
I’m having to have a serious rethink around power cabling since replacing the XPS and XPS+ TP Burndy’s with the new TP Burndy’s as per our discussion in a different thread. Can you give me some more info on your current setup with the Teddy’s and your NDS?

Hi Hound

Was there any difference between the naim sxps and teddy burndy ?
Presently i have a CDS3 with the teddy burndy , contemplating upgrade to 555dr

thanks in advance

Have never had a naim sxps cable, the only naim ones i have had are, nds twin ones, 52 and supercap.
I did try the teddy 52 and supercap ones and used them over the naims ones, but the naim ones woule have been old, as part off the olive range

Rather than go for a 555dr , i would go for the teddy twin xps pack, and save a few thousand pounds as well

Can somebody explan why +version of txps is almost 20% moru expensive?
At The end of The day arent oyu Justice Buying another txps???

Can somebody explan why +version of txps is almost 20% moru expensive?
At The end of The day arent oyu Justice Buying another txps???

I would expect this is down to Teddy Pardo recouping their development and manufacturing costs. There is probably a smaller purchase market for the XPS+ and therefore the development costs need to be recovered from a much smaller number of products sold.

You also need to consider and compare the Naim power supply options:

Naim XPS DR - £4,199
Naim 555 PS DR - £6,999

Teddy Pardo XPS - £880*
Teddy Pardo XPS+ - £1,040*

* plus delivery carriage ~£35

Naim power supplies are so overpriced for what they are. Teddy’s products are lower cost and much better sounding imo.

Naim power supplies are so overpriced for what they are. Teddy’s products are lower cost and much better sounding imo.
I am not comparing Naim and Teddy, it is whole different ball game with dealers,branding and marketing etc
What I am simply asking is why there is a price difference with identical products ? I assume that it is not big RnD to txps to txps+
Maybe I am missing something like extra Burndy or maybe it is a different product...

If you read the Teddy website you will see there is an extra socket. Email teddy if you want a full explanation ...not difficult.

advertisement

Back