advertisement

TeddyCap clone on ebay

Yes the little gyrator has been tried on many an amp, including some early sharp, sony and marantz offerings. Try it yourself. Make sure the input V is at least 4v greater then the output. Any noise can be reduced further by using a better device than the zener, but not by much!

Cheers,

Geoff

error! error! that should say 2 volts. getting rusty already:p

Yes the little gyrator has been tried on many an amp, including some early sharp, sony and marantz offerings. Try it yourself. Make sure the input V is at least 4v greater then the output. Any noise can be reduced further by using a better device than the zener, but not by much!

Cheers,

Geoff

I really love the way biscuit is now dissing teddy for using different revisions of boards in his products, in his adverts.

It's about time the pair of you ****ing grew up.

I really love the way biscuit is now dissing teddy for using different revisions of boards in his products, in his adverts.

It's about time the pair of you ******* grew up.

Quite. Ebay now seems to be the venue for the slanging match.

Geoff has pointed out the real world situation above - in this particular case Biscuit should not have used Teddyreg boards in a commercial product, something for which he has apologized here. I for one accepted that apology but it is a little rich to then prolong the wrangling, although in an external venue, when the repercussions are still felt here.

Guy

For my part.

If it is now affecting things on this forum then I will gladly change my listing discription.

Perhaps Teddy would like to remove the red writing at the end of his listing and we can finaly draw a close to all of this.

Its very true that its time to both grow up and to move on. I will do my bit but the rest is up to Mr PSU himself.

Andy

As stated I have now changed my listing so as not to affect this forum. Lets see if Teddy can bring himself to do the very same and remove the part of his listing regarding inferior products & clones?

Andy

For my part.

If it is now affecting things on this forum then I will gladly change my listing discription.

Perhaps Teddy would like to remove the red writing at the end of his listing and we can finaly draw a close to all of this.

Its very true that its time to both grow up and to move on. I will do my bit but the rest is up to Mr PSU himself.

Andy

Andy

Thank you for the offer I for one would like it all drawn to a close. I accept that there are two sides to this and Teddy also has to reciprocate I just hope he will feel able to.

Guy

and thank you for the action

Under Geoff's rules (which i like) Mr Bourbon or Custard cream has to send Teddy a copy of the final product.

I really like this idea a lot. (Thanks for adding Geoff)

That then ends the matter, right?

I like these:

'ideas were ripped off within a few months'
'Very little is actually new'

etc etc and my feelings exactly.

Did biskit make any more money by using the boards? Not really. Should he have used them ? No. But no big deal really. If it were a Starfish then I would be much more ...

Ted is doing well with these and good for him! Actually his auctions might have risen in value due to Mr Custard Creams free advertising?

Naim Ebay buyer 'Oh that sounds like a good PSU, but whats this about TeddyCap, i think I'll search'

'Ohhhhh whats this a 2 x TeddyCap with Napsc?!' ' I think I'll bid on this one instead ....'

Will that end it?

And how about some of the chinese gear, looking better and better those clone NAPs/PSUs etc ... give it another year ....

In all good humour and with the best of intentions (for Teddy and Andy and us all).
I like Bourbons, on Wednesdays.

I may also do a double psu with a NAPSC, but there again I may not. Watch this space. I llike rich tea on a Wednesday along with a nice cup of tea, some great music and a very hot soldering iron :D

Friends,

I have news for you, the text about clones in my ebay listing existed long before Andy started to create TeddyCap clones. Some may remember that there was another person about a year ago that created TeddyCap clones and I wrote this text about him. He sold some at the beginning and stopped listing them as people stopped buying from him.

My text doesn't mention Andy, and since Andy claims that his power supplies are not TeddyCap clones he should not be concerned about it.

Some may think that there's nothing new in it, but I invested hundreds if not thousands of hours to reach this design (with the help of others). Before I published it everyone swore by other regulators, and now everyone uses it. I could have kept it for myself, but decided to share it. Now I almost fill guilty for sharing it... If I understand the recommendations here, then the next version of the TeddyReg should be sold in epoxy encapsulation... (no, it will not...)

The TeddyReg is not protected and there's no intellectual property, not even the on the TeddyCap. I think however that copying a design from someone who shared it, in order to compete with him is something I wouldn't do. Let alone accusing him with false/imaginary accusations in a competing ebay listing.

Teddy

Ive had a long think and in the interest of sonic purity (and this forum) Ive decided not to do a double psu with a NAPSC.

I will stick to my singles.

There you go again Teddy. My PSU and the word clone in every statement. You just cant stop can you?

I am not starting all of this up again Teddy. Ive done my bit now to end this, period. If you dont want to, thats up to you.

You started the original accusations in your own spoof listings when I listed my very first power supplies on ebay, remember your listings. I still have your spoof listings here and they are not at all nice to me.

A black box, a green led and some din sockets does not make a TeddyCap clone and thats what you insist on all of the time. Go and have a long word with yourself, please.

Time for you to end this too you know and to remove the part of your listing that tries to stop anyone and everyone from selling a psu consisting of a black box a green led and some din sockets.

The guy from a year ago who was selling clones is not selling any more so wind your head back in. Thats a good old Norfolk saying.

I bet you will now deliver anothing long barage of what you believe are clever words all joined together nicely to try and make sure that only you and only you can sell a black box a green led and some din sockets forming a psu.

Go on amaze me and do something different.

Andy

I removed the text from my auction, hope you feel better Andy

Teddy

Teddy.

We have both gone way way over the top. You and me.

No dought that guy from a year ago spooked you bad and led to some of this.

No one will argue that the TeddyReg as per your design is yours and that you have put many many hours of work into its design.

You cant honestly ask everyone else though not to use a capacitor multiplier in a different configuration or a psu in a simillar black box with a green led that fits in with Naim. Thats going too far.

In my early listings I never even mentioned the word TeddyCap or led anyone to believe that it was but you came down on me like a ton of bricks because it just cosmeticaly looked the same. I even went out of my way to include some internal photo's with all of my listings.

This is concluded now. Thanks for removing the clone part of your listing and Sorry for letting this go so far and for any hurt that I may have caused you.

Like you I am a very stubborn person, think that I know best and dont know sometimes when its time to stop.

Best Wishes

Andy

Er, I'm not a mod but I think this looks like a reasonable conclusion to the tale. In the interests of PFM harmony and the mutually supportive PFM DIY section is it now time for Tony to draw it to a close?

Shalom
is a Hebrew word meaning peace, completeness, welfare and can be used idiomatically to mean hello, and goodbye. As it does in English, it can refer to either peace between two entities (especially between man and God or between two countries), or to the well-being, welfare or safety of an individual or a group of individuals.
________
MARIJUANA VAPORIZER

advertisement

Back