advertisement

Teddy stops producing amplifier

Sad news, I have been very happy with my PR1/MB100s/Phono stage and DAC after 20+ years of NAIM. My only concern now is if I will be able to still get the loading plugs for the Phono stage as I am thinking of changing my cartridge from a high to low output MC.

That TRON stuff looks tasty though!

He's not closing shop, just stopping production of amps so service and related products should be fine. BUT he will eventually retire (like Avondale has) then it becomes a more holistic issue.

Sad news, I have been very happy with my PR1/MB100s/Phono stage and DAC after 20+ years of NAIM. My only concern now is if I will be able to still get the loading plugs for the Phono stage as I am thinking of changing my cartridge from a high to low output MC.

Info from Teddy was, that he still could produce this parts.

Unlikely. Extremely unlikely. Any evidence?

The same thing happened with 2 French companies I was working with over 20 years ago. I visited them and could not believe the size and sophistication of their operation. The factory and buildings they had build far exceeded quite a few well-respected Telecommunications companies I dealt with here in the UK. They told me it was funded by the French Government (with EU money) to help create employment in rural areas. I have no problem with this provided it is done fairly across the EU.

thanks, Graham, the not so much hidden goodwill in your post in the name of those who were destined by God be unlucky enough to have been born there - and especially in my name who was lucky, and not dumb, enough to have been awarded an MSc degree by the University of Manchester in spite my being Hungarian... also, I do strongly advise you to look after at least 3 hi-fi companies from Hungary: Heed, Etalon and Bay Audio - and also some Polish, Czech, etc. makers and, perhaps, even listen to (as the outmust goal of this game) their products> you may be quite surprised. oh, and none of those 3 rely on EU funds, believe me

My point was not about the new products coming out of Eastern Europe, but who in the world is buying his stuff? Because it is certainly not selling here, or in the USA from what I hear from my contacts there...

I read your original post closely, Graham, and am convinced it was meant differently (to note, I wrote a thesis on the use of English under 'Existence Reflected in Language' in 1996 - you may find it on the net), but I won't like to mess this topic with this more - hence, I take your above comment as an apology

I read your original post closely, Graham, and am convinced it was meant differently (to note, I wrote a thesis on the use of English under 'Existence Reflected in Language' in 1996 - you may find it on the net), but I won't like to mess this topic with this more - hence, I take your above comment as an apology

I feel I have done my bit over the last 25 years to support European products. Probably more than most other distributors too by importing brands such as Avantgarde Acoustic, AcousticPlan, Jan Allaerts cartridges, Cessaro, DPS, EERA, Musical Affairs, Lindemann, LYS, Ocellia, PHY-HP, Posselt, REED, SAP, Schröder, Thales, TW Acustic, J.C.Verdier and WSS into the UK...

I supply loading plugs for any phono stage... I use the same idea (and always have done) on my own products. £15 a pair delivered in UK.

I do strongly advise you to look after at least 3 hi-fi companies from Hungary: ... Etalon ...

Mightily impressed by Etalon; locked onto the rhythm like a bloodhound.

I did see on the Teddy pardo website that the amplifiers are gone (even headphone and phono). Will the dacs be removed also since he will focused on power supply units? Does anyone know if he has new versions/improvements of the psus coming? Good to know before I order.

I thought Teddy's amps were really superb on the couple of times I heard them and I'm really sad that he's stopped making them. I was really tempted by them, and was on the verge of pulling the trigger a couple of times, but even though I think they were a bargain for what they are, I'm an inveterate second hand buyer.

I wonder if this was part of the problem for Teddy: we on pinkfish are a key part of his publicity and market, but we are all addicted to second hand bargains, even when a new bargain is staring us in the face.

I'd still be interested to give the Teddy amps a go if they come up second hand.

advertisement

Back