advertisement

Teddy stops producing amplifier

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'm delighted that I own an i80a but I'm saddened to hear that amplifiers haven't quite worked out from a business point of view. In my mind, they're excellent amplifiers and I expect only to be without mine when I'm dead - that's how satisfied I am with it... till death do us part!

I hope that's the only line of products that haven't worked out... off I goes to look... yeah, it looks like everything else is still listed so that's a plus. Best wishes for all the other TP products as I'm one seriously satisfied customer and I hope many others will be in the future, albeit not as owners of a TP amplifier.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'm delighted that I own an i80a but I'm saddened to hear that amplifiers haven't quite worked out from a business point of view. In my mind, they're excellent amplifiers and I expect only to be without mine when I'm dead - that's how satisfied I am with it... till death do us part!

I hope that's the only line of products that haven't worked out... off I goes to look... yeah, it looks like everything else is still listed so that's a plus. Best wishes for all the other TP products as I'm one seriously satisfied customer and I hope many others will be in the future, albeit not as owners of a TP amplifier.

Same with me and my combo. Never thought that I will be more satisfied as with my Naim gear. It is really true, the Teddy stuff is better for less money.

I mailed him today and asked him about DACs. Actually it is not decided if he also stop producing this units. Unfortunately, I don‘t need it, because of use Naim CDS3 and Rega P8 with the Teddy stuff.

Fair play to TeddyP to giving his marketing model a fair shake, and having people like, correction: generally love his products. Making such a choice to so limit the range after nigh-on a decade of good user review must be hard, so I wish him all the best in this decision.

(oh, and as if I'd bought one, I wouldn't doubt he'd stand behind the models already shipped for owners.)

And I see the headphone amp is sold out so who knows if that's gone as well. I always wanted one but as a rare user of headphones, I couldn't quite bring myself to buy one.

Real shame. I guess the inability to go and dem puts people off. Maybe a whiff of cottage industry as well (not my view, I hasten to add.)

Teddy’s returns policy is undoubtedly good but there’s a slight hassle factor I suppose.

I haven’t heard anything anywhere near PR1 money to bother it so I sincerely hope it lives in my lounge for many years. A really fine product.

Well, don't worry there is a new kid on the block and its all made here in the UK...

An advantage for UK customers. But for all others is it the same as with Teddy‘s.
You need to buy it first before testing.

If I knew it before, I had done it some years earlier.

And I see the headphone amp is sold out so who knows if that's gone as well. I always wanted one but as a rare user of headphones, I couldn't quite bring myself to buy one.

All amplifiers. Headphone and Phono Pre also, unfortunately.
Maybe you should ask him, if he will produce a last one for you.

Real shame. I guess the inability to go and dem puts people off. Maybe a whiff of cottage industry as well (not my view, I hasten to add.)

Teddy’s returns policy is undoubtedly good but there’s a slight hassle factor I suppose.

I haven’t heard anything anywhere near PR1 money to bother it so I sincerely hope it lives in my lounge for many years. A really fine product.
Good quality, handmade products are extremely time consuming and expensive to produce. I’ve explored the idea myself a few times over the years and have never been able to come up with anything realistically profitable so things haven’t even gotten past the drawing board. Other’s like Jez Arkless will attest to how difficult it is.
I’ve only just found a product that I can make profitable but it’s not HIFI.

Very saddened to hear the news. TP makes/made a superb amplifier. I have to thank him for getting me off the Naim trail.

Thought that the GT sales pitch was a bit off. The Tron products are approximately twice the price of the Teddy’s. If they are twice as good then the rest of the audio manufacturing business might as well call it a day !

I am really surprised and disappointed, I have been absolutely delighted with my PR1/MB100s, I genuinely do not think I have heard a better amplifier at any price.

Good quality, handmade products are extremely time consuming and expensive to produce. I’ve explored the idea myself a few times over the years and have never been able to come up with anything realistically profitable so things haven’t even gotten past the drawing board. Other’s like Jez Arkless will attest to how difficult it is.
I’ve only just found a product that I can make profitable but it’s not HIFI.

Yes indeedy! Designing great sounding kit is the (comparatively) easy bit... persuading people to buy it is another kettle of fish entirely!

Absolutely and the market for anything audio these days is so incredibly small. I see all these products coming out of eastern Europe (presumably from EU money) and wonder who the hell is going to buy this stuff...
Unlikely. Extremely unlikely. Any evidence?

Sad to hear and i almost went the pr1 and st60 x 2 amps late last year.
If he is going to concentrate on power supplies then i hope he can come up with a 555 contender

Last edited:
...I see all these products coming out of eastern Europe (presumably from EU money) and wonder who the hell is going to buy this stuff...

thanks, Graham, the not so much hidden goodwill in your post in the name of those who were destined by God be unlucky enough to have been born there - and especially in my name who was lucky, and not dumb, enough to have been awarded an MSc degree by the University of Manchester in spite my being Hungarian... also, I do strongly advise you to look after at least 3 hi-fi companies from Hungary: Heed, Etalon and Bay Audio - and also some Polish, Czech, etc. makers and, perhaps, even listen to (as the outmust goal of this game) their products> you may be quite surprised. oh, and none of those 3 rely on EU funds, believe me

advertisement

Back