advertisement

Teddy Pardo products

Well I have compared a Teddy Pre with a 52/scap. I replaced the Naim in my system with the Teddy and heard much improved detail,soundstage and clarity. I wished I had made the move earlier as it has improved music that I have heard for years through the Naim set up.

Well I have compared a Teddy Pre with a 52/scap. I replaced the Naim in my system with the Teddy and heard much improved detail,soundstage and clarity. I wished I had made the move earlier as it has improved music that I have heard for years through the Naim set up.

I guess this confirms my gut feelings about the Teddy Pre. Once the Teddy Pre was fully run in, about six weeks, it has consistently delivered great music day in day out. I've not questioned the quality of the amps now for over a year. Upradeitis is very much a thing of the past, thank goodness.

I guess this confirms my gut feelings about the Teddy Pre. Once the Teddy Pre was fully run in, about six weeks, it has consistently delivered great music day in day out. I've not questioned the quality of the amps now for over a year. Upradeitis is very much a thing of the past, thank goodness.

Pretty much how I feel as well Bob.

I have also hopped on the Teddy bandwagon. I have had a TeddyDac and some PSUs for my SBT and Chord QuteHD for some time. A few days ago I received my Teddy Pre. From the moment of switching it on from cold it destroyed my Exposure preamp - and every other preamp I have tried in the system - and is only getting better. I immediately ordered some MB100s.

The good news is that Teddy confirmed to me yesterday that he is also about to release a phono stage.

Thx to Teddy I enjoy music more then ever (Pre/MB100). Some parts of my system are with me for ever(LP12/ARO etc..). Others (the amps!) tended to change the whole time. That chapter is closed now. The next issue is to adapt the room accoustically or find a pair of speakers that is better adapted to it. And my trusted EAR834 phonostage is badly in need of a service. But hey, maybe Teddy has the solution here. Still waiting for the LS cable he had up his sleeve too.

Classic! Serves as a warning to readers :rolleyes:

First this:

Then many weeks later in another thread:

Well excuse me.....!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

At no point have I said that I have compared head to head a Naim 52 and the Teddy Pre.

What I have said, though it seems you have misunderstood, is that I would have liked the Teddy Pre to have been at least as good as the 52, a pre amp that I have heard many times in many systems.

Once the Teddy Pre had settled in it exceeded my expectation of it being at least as good as a Naim 52, in fact I feel that it's quite a bit better than a 52, but I have still not done a head to head comparison.

It would appear that others here, who in fact are/were 52 owners, have done this direct head to head comparison and agree that my gut feelings were in fact right and that's why they now use the Teddy Pre and not the 52.

Thx to Teddy I enjoy music more then ever (Pre/MB100). Some parts of my system are with me for ever(LP12/ARO etc..). Others (the amps!) tended to change the whole time. That chapter is closed now. The next issue is to adapt the room accoustically or find a pair of speakers that is better adapted to it. And my trusted EAR834 phonostage is badly in need of a service. But hey, maybe Teddy has the solution here. Still waiting for the LS cable he had up his sleeve too.

33RPM,

You just need to ask:

- Phono Stage
- Speaker Cables

You should have asked a million dollar... :)

I have a hypothetical question I hope can translate in a real world answer...

All things being equal, which of the following is likely to give more bang for buck?

A) a Teddy pre/100mb combo, or
B) a Teddy i80a/ TeddyDac combo

fwiw, my current DAC (and headphone amp) is a Lavry DA11. If there is an answer to this, I'd love to know as I've yet to pull the trigger and buy an i80a.

it is different comparison.
like a functional vs performance
if you have a existing dac, then get the pre,power combo
if you need more power handling capability, pre n power
if you are more involved with computer playback then i80a with teddydac

it is different comparison.
like a functional vs performance
if you have a existing dac, then get the pre,power combo
if you need more power handling capability, pre n power
if you are more involved with computer playback then i80a with teddydac

You can't beat a bit of 'if P, then Q' ;)

My speakers are mk1 Kans so would be happy with the i80a, but I assume would still benefit from the pre/power combo.

I use my existing DAC because I prefer the resulting sound than using my OPPO 103D's onboard DAC, so definitely need a DAC.

I guess the hypothetical situation I want to depart from is let's say I already own an i80a amp; I need to figure out whether adding a TeddyDac or upgrading to the pre/power combo would make the most improvement. For better or worse, it can't be both. Mmm...

mmm.. as said, Teddy mentioned i80a is of same standard to pr1+st60. assuming you have the i80a then you ought to get a DAC.

unless you start from scratch, then it would be pr1+st60+DAC.

i suppose that TEDDY designed the PR1 with 2 chassis is for a reason.

My personal opinion is that there is only a small difference in price between i80a and pre1/st60 and therefore I would get the pre1/st60. Naim seperates the powersupply with great success so just to be sure I would get the pr1/st60.

If you only uses digital sources then you should also consider i80d or dac VC / st60.....

If you only use digital sources and maybe consider new speakers sometime in the future than you should consider dac VC / 2*mb100. It will cost the same as dac/i80a. The mb100 is not only about more power. It is about better quality of sound.

I think finding the suitable speaker cables is, at my opinion, the most important part of your optimisation.

Rds

advertisement

Back