advertisement

Teddy Pardo products

Hallo,

another happy user of Teddy's stuff. TeddyXPS for Naim DAC, Dual Teddycap for 282. IMHO they are much better than LM317 based power supplies from Naim. How do they compare to new Naim DR power supplies?? I don't know, i haven't tried it yet and to be honest i don't even want to. They just sound so good. I bought it 2,5 years ago directly from Teddy, and until now - no problems at all. Dealing with Teddy is always a pleasure. Highly recommended :)

Regards from Poland

yes, sorry! I was thinking NAC 52, while writing Naim 250 :rolleyes:

I haven't compared the TeddyPre to a 52 S/cap but I did have an Avondaled 72 with TeddycapIII and have now gone to the TeddyPre.

Different league IMHO. Even from day one I prefered the TeddyPre , though it was a bit up and down presentation wise for about a week, then settled. After about three weeks it was fully run in and going stirling work at playing great music.

Had I gone from my old pre to a 52 S/cap and got what I'm getting from the Teddypre I would have been very pleased.

I hope that one day someone will do a head to head and post their findings here.

Why not just share the review over the open forum? :)

After some prompting from fellow PFMers,this is my review of the new Teddy Pre partnered with Teddys MB100s.
The MB100s replaced a Linn aktiv set up a year ago. I found the monoblocks
were smoother more detailed and refined than the Linn gear by quite a margin.
The Teddy Pre was a much more recent addition.These (there are two boxes)
took over from a NAC282/Dual Teddycap with Lunar snaics.'From cold' I was taken aback by the detailed presentation compared to the Naim/Teddy combo.After a week or so the Teddy kit is surpassing all my expectations.
A smooth detailed presentation with a wide soundstage,precise instrument placement rhythm and timing are all there.Vocals are more life like than I have heard before.A Teddydac is waiting for a digital cable and will then be added to the mix.....Can't wait
John

I have both Teddy Dual cap 3 powering my Naim NAC82, and XPS powering the CD player,
Both sound very good to my ears. Teddys help, and quick replies to any enquiries first class.

Bill.

I don't own any of Teddy's products yet but feel compelled to comment on his customer service. He comes across as 100% genuine. An enthusiast himself. Kind, helpful and honest.

Some may worry about buying from overseas. Personally I would be much more concerned about buying from some of the UK manufacturers and dealers. Talking of which, the attitude of some of the latter is quite amazing. All grudging and difficult about giving you any detail on what they have for sale but happy to harp on about the immense 'value' of their guarantee when all they are is one man with a LTD company registration (openly avaliable to anyone for £100). Maybe we could send them to TP for some lessons in customer service?

Hallo,

another happy user of Teddy's stuff. TeddyXPS for Naim DAC, Dual Teddycap for 282. IMHO they are much better than LM317 based power supplies from Naim. d

What is interesting in this case and those of others is that both the nDAC and the 282 use the LM317 internally. Even on that basis they are improved by the Teddy power supplies which act as a 'filter' but could be improved further in themselves through better regulation inside. I am interested in how far Teddy's DAC and pre go in providing that further boost. If you look at acoustica and other received wisdom the idea of better regulation right at the source eg CDP is well regarded.

Can anyone offer advice / comment please?

Some may worry about buying from overseas. Personally I would be much more concerned about buying from some of the UK manufacturers and dealers.

I think there are thousands of teddy products that had been sold. I personally know quite a number of people in Singapore who are using teddy products. They had nothing but praise in regards to teddy customer service. :)

Hi all on this great forum

What are people's opinions on Teddys products and customer service?

Thanks and happy listening!

I'm a very happy TeddyDAC owner. This replaced another popular, well-respected DAC - and no I'm not going to dis any other product - and with my ears, in my room and my kit the TeddyDAC simply sounded better. Teddy has been a pleasure to deal with.

I like the small form factor of Teddy's products and will shortly be receiving an ST60 amp to partner the DAC. Hoping for some good synergy!

Importing from Israel hasn't been a problem, though in the case of the amp it has taken some time to get through customs. I had to pay VAT (20% in the UK), but not import duty.

All the best with your deliberations!

I have had two Teddycaps (mkII and mkIII) and found they were both well made, delivered the goods sonically and looked the part (ie were beautifully unobtrusive in an understated sort of way). oh, and they also avoid my pet hate - buzzing transformers - can't say as much for some of the expensive competition.

In my various exchanges of email I have always found Teddy to be prompt in replying to the questions asked clearly and without dodging the issue.

In short, a great person to deal with.

I haven't compared the TeddyPre to a 52 S/cap

I hope that one day someone will do a head to head and post their findings here.

Hi Bob

It seems your hope has been realised as on 05/09/12 you posted your finding that the TeddyPre is better than a 52/SC...

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=124131&page=7

"When I bought the TeddyPre I hoped that it might be as good as a Naim 52 S/Cap. I assumed that it wouldn’t sound the same but might give me that sort of musical enjoyment. I was right that it doesn’t sound the same but maybe I set the bar too low with a 52 S/Cap."

"In my wildest dreams I guess something on the level of a 52, S/cap would have been nice, but that was a lot to hope for. Its great when one’s wildest dreams come completely true, and then some..!"

Wild dreams indeed...maybe too much blue cheese before bedtime?:)

I think there are thousands of teddy products that had been sold. I personally know quite a number of people in Singapore who are using teddy products. They had nothing but praise in regards to teddy customer service. :)

very happy with my Teddy PSU for my SBT .... solid, great quality, fast shipping and great communication ... top guy to deal with ....

in regards to performance, noticeable improvement on SPDIF and Coax, but, didn't notice much over USB ... the nature of USB Asynch makes it pretty good to begin with ....

Hi Bob

It seems your hope has been realised as on 05/09/12 you posted your finding that the TeddyPre is better than a 52/SC...

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=124131&page=7

"When I bought the TeddyPre I hoped that it might be as good as a Naim 52 S/Cap. I assumed that it wouldn’t sound the same but might give me that sort of musical enjoyment. I was right that it doesn’t sound the same but maybe I set the bar too low with a 52 S/Cap."

"In my wildest dreams I guess something on the level of a 52, S/cap would have been nice, but that was a lot to hope for. Its great when one’s wildest dreams come completely true, and then some..!"

Wild dreams indeed...maybe too much blue cheese before bedtime?:)

No cheese at all!

My findings are purely subjective in that if I had bought a 52 S/cap and got this sort of result I would have been thrilled and the TeddyPre has exceeded what I would have expected with a 52 S/cap in my system, and still does!

What I was hoping is that someone might do a head to head with the two products.

Classic! Serves as a warning to readers :rolleyes:

First this:

When I bought the TeddyPre I hoped that it might be as good as a Naim 52 S/Cap. I assumed that it wouldn’t sound the same but might give me that sort of musical enjoyment. I was right that it doesn’t sound the same but maybe I set the bar too low with a 52 S/Cap.

In my wildest dreams I guess something on the level of a 52, S/cap would have been nice, but that was a lot to hope for. Its great when one’s wildest dreams come completely true, and then some..!

Then many weeks later in another thread:

I haven't compared the TeddyPre to a 52 S/cap

advertisement

Back