advertisement

Teddy Pardo 555DRPS Killer

I own two Teddy power supplies, and I'm very happy with the Teddy XPS powering my CDS3. I was just noticing last night that used CD555s are coming up occasionally for what I could probably get by selling on the CDS3, but I would need the 2nd PS connection to run one. So I'd be curious about a Teddy 555PS if such a thing were to be produced. In my previous profession, performing in-warranty hardware service for Apple, I've seen more than a handful of defective power supplies damage downstream components, so I was initially weary trying a non-Naim power supply. I guess I figured if it were a defect within a Naim PS, they would repair the damage it caused. But after about 2.5 years of running a Teddy XPS and HiCap, I have no reservations about the quality of his power supplies. Other manufacturers have yet to win that level of trust with me.

I have just swapped the case on my chc555 into a naim olive 180 case, so it matches my 52 and 250 amps

That reminds me a little of Hitchcock's Vertigo, or the soya hamburgers...
Just joking (but why the actual Naim amps then?)

Its on his face book page a few days ago, shows i pic of the back of a NDS being powered by 2 burndy cables.
Going to sell the chc555 very soon and will put it back in its standard case and then sell the naim 180 case

Possibly naimed the TPXPS+ add this box to your existing TPXPS and utilise the Burndy's that were supplied with the NPS and you have a 555PS Killer! Excited to get the new box hooked up to my system. Thanks Teddy for listening to your customers!

Possibly naimed the TPXPS+ add this box to your existing TPXPS and utilise the Burndy's that were supplied with the NPS and you have a 555PS Killer! Excited to get the new box hooked up to my system. Thanks Teddy for listening to your customers!

So the TP555 isn’t a better PS, it’s just a way to run both sockets on an NDS from one TPXPS, or even just 2 TPXPSs lashed together? I can see why that might work, but I’m not sure it’d maximise the appeal to potential customers. And I’m struggling to see how one could really justify calling it a 555PS killer.

It really only applies to anyone currently powering an NDS with one TXPS, rather than also offering an upgrade to anyone using a TXPS or XPS with an NDX, 272 or whatever - which is what the 555PS can do.

Do you know that that’s the plan?

OK well I have my NDS powered by a TPXPS and TPXPS+.....
The initial impression is a smoother sound with greater separation and wider soundstage. Utilising the Burndy’s supplied with the NDS, make this an incredible bargain vs the 555PS. Some Naim equipment cannot be replicated or improved on but their power supplies are noisy, overpriced sink holes that need servicing every 10 years. May as well save some money and buy yourself a boat!

OK well I have my NDS powered by a TPXPS and TPXPS+.....
The initial impression is a smoother sound with greater separation and wider soundstage. Utilising the Burndy’s supplied with the NDS, make this an incredible bargain vs the 555PS. Some Naim equipment cannot be replicated or improved on but their power supplies are noisy, overpriced sink holes that need servicing every 10 years. May as well save some money and buy yourself a boat!
CheshireCheese,
Are you using the NDS #1 Burndy on #1 socket ?
I'm still using the SXPS Burndy as the #1 has a different pin configuration (two extra pins on the bottom which aren't on a XPS)

CheshireCheese,
Are you using the NDS #1 Burndy on #1 socket ?
I'm still using the SXPS Burndy as the #1 has a different pin configuration (two extra pins on the bottom which aren't on a XPS)
TPXPS > NDS Burndy #1 > NDS Socket #1
TPXPS+ > NDS Burndy #2 > NDS Socket #2

Hope that helps.

Have you (or anyone else) compared Naim Burndy versus Teddy Burndy ?
I was using a TP Burndy with TPXPS to power socket #1 of my NDS with the jumper socket in place on NDS #2. Now using TPXPS & TPSXPS+ with Naim NDS Burndy 1&2. BIG improvement down to separation of Power Supplies rather than any difference in Burndy’s.

NDS Burndys can ONLY be utilised if you are powering NDS sockets 1&2 with a 555PS or TPXPS & TPXPS+. With a single supply you have to utilise a Naim XPS or TP XPS Burndy.

advertisement

Back