advertisement

Techno/dubsteppists in Manc...

Studio 1 - Keep on Rockin' is it. What with That Gas W. Voight gets about.

"T++" is not a good name for internet searches,, the ++ bit is a confusion for that searching engines.

DS

While we're technoing, the Andy Stott album, Unknown Exception is top drawer too. If you like Convextion, this should fit right in.

Good thread.

I really do need to up my techno collection. Quite a bit of Plastikman, luke slater and such, but could do with more. Don't think I've bought anything for several years!

Recommendations for essential purchases?

Labels to look for is it

Kompakt, Minus, Perlon, Traumschalplatten, Wagon Repair, Spectral, Ware, Harthouse (still)`` Data Punk, Coccoon, Karamrouge, Kill Brique

Artists

Gui Borrato, Mike Vaino, Byetone, Sleeparchive, Monolake, T++, Surgeon, Mathew Jonson, Trentemoller, Dominik Eulberg, Gas, Wolfgang Voigt, Reinhard Voigt, Hearthrob, Matthew Dear, Audion, False, Magda, JPLS, Ricardo Villalobos, Stefan Goldmann, Anthony Rother, Steve Bug, Tim Green, Regis, Roman Flugel, Mas 2008, Oliver Ho, Pendle Coven, Chris Leibing, Sven Vath, Gregor Tresher, Metope, Ada, Luciano, Secondo, Richie Hawtin (still), Robert Hood, Oliver Koletzki, Gabriel Ananda, Petter, James Holden, Extrawelt, Nathan Fake, Motor, Franz & Sahpe, Jonas Bering, Wasserman, Justus Konhcke, DJ Hell, Joannes Heil, Ellen Alien, Adam Kroll, etc.etc.

DS

Meanwhile, and Modern Love are both labels with a lot going on. There are also lots of nice tech remixes of dubstep tracks going on at the moment, but they're on all sorts of labels, so you'll just have to keep an eye out, but check out Pole's label ~scape. The Shakleton remixes are particularly ace.

Edit: If you haven't got the Basic Channel and Chain Reaction releases, you'll want those too. That's a science fact.

Corrr that's pretty impressive. What do you reckon?

I was away all weekend and have returned to find my needle trashed... Not a happy bunny. I am grabbing a backup tomorrow and may even have my obscuro japanese speaks to listen through. I have been consoling myself with Basic Channel which was on emusic.

advertisement

Back