advertisement

Techno/dubsteppists in Manc...

Anex

Señor Member
T++ is doing a live show on Friday 3rd October at the School of Sound Recording, 65-69 Downing St. Manc.
More info at www.faktionmcr

Should be proper tech. See what I did there?

That'll be the one. I can't make it, but I reckon it's gonna be top drawer.

Edit: Convextion mix on there too, bonza!

Yep that's the one James. It's one of the best 'proper' techno LPs (as in, has some original material rather than just a singles compilation like the Basic Channel LP) I've heard. It is on vinyl, but I think you'd be pretty unlikely to find a copy. Mine cost me more than I'd care to mention :)

Also worth checking out is the Model 500 Starlight remix disc which has a Convextion remix on it, plus some Deepchord mixes etc. It's pretty tasty. Was on Boomkat, but I can't find it listed anymore. It'll be around somewhere.

Edit: Here it is http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=117888

juno and hmv.co.uk both have the vinyl in stock at the mo. Might have to take a look. Was tempted to buy it a few weeks ago when boomkat got it in but now sold out there. I'm liking the sound of the first few hours of strictly berlin/detroit techno at this event. Might turn up, throw some old man* shapes for a few hours and then head home for ovaltine.

*it's all relative...

Bollocks! I ought to learn to shop around a bit first as I paid twice that for it :/ I'd grab that while it's there, or better yet, grab two copies and sell one for twice the price to another jackass like me.

Awww the cover of the Convextion thing reminds of ye good olde days in Prague...

37518.jpg

I think I had better buy it and some Basic Channel for good measure.

J

ah, that murmur lp is excellent. I downloaded the studio 1 series cd compilation from kompakt a month or so ago - excellent stuff for a bit of nostalgia!

I haven't got that James, I'll check it out when my next record budget comes in. Assuming the economy hasn't collapsed before next month.

advertisement

Back