advertisement

Tears for Fears

I've been a big fan of TFF from day one.
Will always remember watching the Knebworth concert with the rain chucking it down thinking how's nobody getting electrocuted .
Roland had one of the greatest voices ever.

I've been a big fan of TFF from day one.
Will always remember watching the Knebworth concert with the rain chucking it down thinking how's nobody getting electrocuted .
Roland had one of the greatest voices ever.

Sadly not any more , I went to the FRIDAY 29 JULY 2016 concert at Newmarket race course , Voice very mediocre now

A few months ago, there was a live TFF set on the bbc red button.
They had a dedicated singer, (not the usual backing singer) off to one side to hit the notes Roland can no longer manage.
The worst part for me was the complete lack of chemistry & friendship between Roland & Kirk. Still had some great songs though.

Do you want IMHO at the end of an obvious opinion then?

Why not?

Would also help at the end of every single remain “this-will-happen-post-brexit” doom n gloom naysayer. Opinions masquerading as facts about the future is after all, very much the PFM vernacular amongst more than few contributors here. Eh Tony?

IMHO. Of course
;)

A few months ago, there was a live TFF set on the bbc red button.
They had a dedicated singer, (not the usual backing singer) off to one side to hit the notes Roland can no longer manage.
The worst part for me was the complete lack of chemistry & friendship between Roland & Kirk. Still had some great songs though.

TFF were aways time very much a studio crafted band. Their live appeal and proficiency is neither here nor there to me.
The studio recordings exist and will endure for me.

My early 20s daughters both love “change” and say thT stuff is ‘in’. Sorry, what they really say is “that it’s, like, in. Totes’.

Out of interest.In the pantheon of "Top Mixing Engineers reference tracks"....... "Woman In Chains" is one of the most common picks.

Tears For Fears' best album:

xtc__s_oranges_and_lemons_by_lordwindowlicker-d3b7xlc_1391987181_crop_550x550.png

advertisement

Back