advertisement

Tannoy Balmoral mk2 cabinet build

The engravers have got it almost perfect now - close enough that I wont ask again! I have tried using wet and dry on the brass and think i prefer that look - will post more pics once ive done these.

50795314978_b573e561d1_c.jpg

Fabulous build....

Could you pass on the name and address of your engravers please?

Brilliant Frank, many many thanks. If I have time today I’ll post some pics of the removable x over/terminal panel.

Rear panels all cut for crossovers,. I have made it removable so any change in crossover can be done without leaving a mess - simply cut a new panel.

50883411198_1887a0f7dc_c.jpg

Had a quick listen to one ( paired with an HPD) and it sounds remarkably close to the HPD , pretty much a perfect match apart from the increased clarity coming from HPD xovers which have fixed inductors and Clarity MR caps.The K driver/stock x sounded just like the HPD did when using a genuine stock HPD x over. I guess with the same cone/surround/spider and HF diaphragm they should sound very similar , but i wasn`t anticipating them being this close.
Very chuffed

Hi fraserking,
Really nice build, I'm also doing a diy and was wondering what I'd expect to pay ballpark for the round badges. Was also thinking of getting a brass plate engraved based on the black vinyl sticker plate the old Hpd cabinets used to have.
Did you manage to get the labels for the crossover plate? There's a drawing of it here that might be of use for the layout etc that maybe a printer could replicate?
https://www.hilberink.nl/codehans/hpdseries.zip
Regards,
Peter.

advertisement

Back