advertisement

System pics 2024

No changes to my system apart from building a frame to move my GIK monster bass traps 50mm from the wall and finally fitting the eve led light strip around them for that YouTube influencer look in my living room, quite effective for lighting as they’re set to automatically adjust lumen output during the day.

Compared to what's come before my system is pretty modest, sounds good to me though;

20240106-130337.jpg
20240106-130248.jpg
20240107-112710.jpg

Shanling ET3 CD Transport
WiiM Pro streaming Spotify Premium & Tidal Hifi
SMSL DO300EX DAC/Headphone Amp
Rega IO
Rega P3 50th Anniversary
Tisbury Domino PS
Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary

Also got the Leak Stereo 20 & Quad 303. Just trying to figure out the easiest way to hook these up so there easy to swap in & out as the mood takes me.

TS
I've been using a pair of those Wharfedales. They are awesome. Big, bouncy and a smooth top end. You can listen to them for hours.

Hermit's got the best solution to the scourge of the enormous black wall TV with unsightly wires trailing from underneath, ruining otherwise lovely rooms by all accounts, with highly engineered hifi's often sitting awkwardly below:

Put a still picture up on it! If only for your pfm money-shot.

Capt.

@hermit Good taste there, you seem to understand how an awful black plastic monolith TV ruins a room. Never heard of a frame tv before. Lovely vintage hifi bits too.

Capt

Mscaler is on the floor lights just visible below the 250.
A friend has just changed his 500 (replacing 135s ages ago) for a recent 500DR and has remarked upon the uplift in s.q. Think he still has non-DRed 552 though, so interesting that you do have. My 552 was an old one, replaced by valved pre. with enormous s.q., presentational, and practical benefits

A friend has just changed his 500 (replacing 135s ages ago) for a recent 500DR and has remarked upon the uplift in s.q. Think he still has non-DRed 552 though, so interesting that you do have. My 552 was an old one, replaced by valved pre. with enormous s.q., presentational, and practical benefits

I'm going through a box reduction process in fact I've even removed the MScaler from the setup this afternoon 🙃

The none DR500 is still in its box waiting for a new home.... but whilst I loved what the full 500 brought "sound wise" the two Fraim stack in the end drove me nuts.

The SL2s are an easy drive with no issues using the 250DR this knocks on the door of the full 500 setup I think the key component is the 552DR.

advertisement

Back