advertisement

System pics 2024

PXL-20231115-111302916-2.jpg

Following a house renovation a couple of years ago I ended up with a nice big listening space which has turned out to be ideal for the Acapella High Violin speakers which have been with me for the last 12 months. I previously had Wilson Sophia 3s but the Acapellas have just lifted everything to whole other level.

The rest of the system is Aesthetix amplification, CD/Dac and phono stage along with a Kuzma Stabi Ref 2 with 4Point 9/11arm and a TW Acustic Raven One with TW Raven 10.5 arm
Those Acapellas just melt into the background, don't they? :D

Seriously, very impressive system - and space.

Following a house renovation a couple of years ago I ended up with a nice big listening space which has turned out to be ideal for the Acapella High Violin speakers which have been with me for the last 12 months. I previously had Wilson Sophia 3s but the Acapellas have just lifted everything to whole other level.

The rest of the system is Aesthetix amplification, CD/Dac and phono stage along with a Kuzma Stabi Ref 2 with 4Point 9/11arm and a TW Acustic Raven One with TW Raven 10.5 arm

When is the bake off at yours then?

That’s a lovely system and must sound absolutely superb. Ion tweeter 😁. The Italian gentleman I bought my speakers from replaced them with a big set of Acapella’s. This is what he now has.
IMG-1800.jpg

Is that a Vertere TT I see as well as the TW?

Nice!
I used to have Atlas and Rhea in Signature versions and still have a Calypso Eclipse. They sounded very nice. I was a little less enthusiastic about the Romulus even in Eclipse version.
Don't you find the rear-mounted power switches a bit of a nuisance in that rack? Given its power consumption in standby, I could not envisage leaving the Atlas in standby. And given what eventually happened to it, switching it off when out of the room was probably a wise decision...
I now have Moon Evolution series 760 power amp and 810 phono stage - different sounding but just as good, splendidly quiet and reassuringly reliable..

No changes from my last post. :) I would like to paint the room and add some curtains but that's somewhere in the future.

Pass labs XP10 pre
Pass labs X150.5 power
Pioneer PD70 SACD player
Advantage DAC-1
Magnepan 1.6QR

(Mac Mini as Roon Core/Wiim Pro as Roon Bridge out of sight in cabinet)

lDxUHVg.jpg

love the barograph!

Hi, jennifer F, nice to see you bought the Humboldt, last time we talked, i think you was going to audition one, i think, it was a long time ago,
How do you liking it, great speakers,

Nice!
I used to have Atlas and Rhea in Signature versions and still have a Calypso Eclipse. They sounded very nice. I was a little less enthusiastic about the Romulus even in Eclipse version.
Don't you find the rear-mounted power switches a bit of a nuisance in that rack? Given its power consumption in standby, I could not envisage leaving the Atlas in standby. And given what eventually happened to it, switching it off when out of the room was probably a wise decision...
I now have Moon Evolution series 760 power amp and 810 phono stage - different sounding but just as good, splendidly quiet and reassuringly reliable..

The Atlas has enough space above it to reach over and turn it off when not in use but everything else stays in standby 24/7.

Mark
That is a lovely looking listening room. I presume those Acapellas are Jim’s cast offs.

advertisement

Back