advertisement

System pics 2024

And the 2nd System starting to come together in the 'Library' which is our Hobby/Games/Spare Room, up till now its been storage for old bits of hifi rather than a proper 2nd system. The large bass cabinets and mini-monitors are left over from an Active DIY project that might get resurected in the future. The AE2s will go in here, with an upgraded amp at some point. I use the Yamaha WX10 for Streaming to.

Library by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

Living room:
img_1616.jpg

img_1618.jpg

LP12: Lyra Etna SL Lambda, Stiletto, Ekos, Radikal 2, Karousel, Burmester 100 phono
Audio signature thunder,3 motors, TA-5000,
Klimax DSM Next Generation
Audionet Humboldt
Burmester 948 mains conditioner
Hannl Mera record cleaning machine

Bedroom:
img_1619.jpg

Very early SBL's with mk2 drivers rebuilt Xo's. Nait 50

Other rooms still WIP as house renovation continues.

Living room:
img_1616.jpg

img_1618.jpg

LP12: Lyra Etna SL Lambda, Stiletto, Ekos, Radikal 2, Karousel, Burmester 100 phono
Audionet Humboldt

Bedroom:
img_1619.jpg

Wow, that looks like a hell of a system there and those horn speakers look quite something! Bravo!

Is that rebuilt xo’s as in standard Naim pxo but fitted with new components or something more exotic? Interested to hear how they sound on the end of a Nait 50?
They were rebuilt with premium components. On the end of the 50 it's a wonderful little setup. The 50 sits directly above the main system (just one floor up) so has a pair of long interconnects to the DSM 2nd output and the other input connects to the multi room. Running from the DSM it's magical. I've owned those since the late 90's and they have been in the family since they were made in 87. The only downside is a suspended floor in the bedroom rather than the solid floors downstairs.

Living room:
img_1616.jpg

img_1618.jpg

Audionet Humboldt

Bedroom:
img_1619.jpg

Is the Dalmatian stuffed?

Ah another hORNS owner. I have the FP15s currently playing off 180 solid state watts from Concert Fidelity and they sound fabulous, although I do think that this is ostensibly because the amps are biased to Class A for the first 30 watts and since the speakers never push a need beyond that this is all that's currently serving them.
Yes I have seen your post, beautiful system & room, would love to hear it. Interesting what you say about moving to a larger size, I have wondered if my room can take the Aria III, even though I am very happy with what I have.
I have seen your monoblocks up close, in fact I collected them for a friend of mine who very sadly died, Jules. They look fantastic.

Accuphase DP450, Tube Distinctions preamp and Copper Amp no.2.

Trilogy 931 headphone amp

Tannoy Kensington GR speakers.

Tables by Musicworks.

Dedicated consumer unit and 4 radials, Musicworks ReFlex mains block.

Escape M1 Air streamer device.

Another temporary set up to accommodate ongoing decorating - cable spagetti...:(

DS1 by Neil Tully, on Flickr

I get the feeling older Chord amps get a bad rap on here but I've always found this pair to be very reliable and consistent with lower efficiency speakers and are working well enough with ES22's I picked up last summer. And a big shout out to the customer support team at Chord Electronics, who very quickly, (next day!), sent a new, FOC remote when mine stopped working.

Amazing system… that deserves a proper rack :)
You have some many great pieces that I have always had on my wish list: like the Roksan TMS turntable, the Audio Synthesis combo and the Epos floorstanders… but the music loving dog is the star of the system!

PXL-20231115-111302916-2.jpg

Following a house renovation a couple of years ago I ended up with a nice big listening space which has turned out to be ideal for the Acapella High Violin speakers which have been with me for the last 12 months. I previously had Wilson Sophia 3s but the Acapellas have just lifted everything to whole other level.

The rest of the system is Aesthetix amplification, CD/Dac and phono stage along with a Kuzma Stabi Ref 2 with 4Point 9/11arm and a TW Acustic Raven One with TW Raven 10.5 arm

advertisement

Back