advertisement

I've swopped out my regular Lumin U2mini/Soekris dac a couple of days ago, to give the Eversolo an extended listen. Using with it's inbuilt dac it is sounding very good, and may in fact prefer it on some recordings. I don't think I gave the Eversolo enough running in time before giving the impression on here that the dac was just ok. Rest of the system, Yaqin 300B and Quad 57's.
Sorry this should have been posted in the Eversolo thread.

Last edited:
They are like LS 3/5a but long in a way actually! They are the Falcon Q7 which has the same drivers but have aa cabinet that is 2" deeper to add a bit of bass. The picture distorts the dimensions a bit because the speaker is at the edge of a wide angle shot.
Oh ho! Thanks for the reply

I helped my son set up his first hifi system last year comprising of a Rega P3, Brio and some B&W 607s (the latter 2 items I had hanging around spare). Just arrived today is my daughters first system.
RYIHQld.jpg

Rega P1 eco, Fyne Audio F300i speakers and a Yamaha as501 amp. Items new except the amp which was ex display. Total price under £600. I’ve already been told the first LP to be played will be Taylor Swift!

Latest amp combination good enough to pause the box swapping...EAR SUT / Phonobox and Krell 300iL integrated. Iron fist / velvet glove. I'd purchased the second-hand Krell just over a year ago to test with an new set of Magnepans at the time, but after that, it was put away and I'd ignored it completely. Decided to give it a spin with non-planar speakers, and also with the EAR combo. Result!

Source is a Transrotor / Abis / Koetsu.

gi.mpl

Last edited:
@Waxxy

I'm not familiar with the gear but nice room.
I once passed on inheriting one of those sideboards - very nice - Parker Knowll?

Thank you! Not Parker Knowll. I'm not remembering the name of the manufacturer right now, but I do remember it was made in Canada (where I reside). It originally had four short legs, but that had the entire unit blocking part of the window in this location, so the legs were amputated.

I helped my son set up his first hifi system last year comprising of a Rega P3, Brio and some B&W 607s (the latter 2 items I had hanging around spare). Just arrived today is my daughters first system.
RYIHQld.jpg

Rega P1 eco, Fyne Audio F300i speakers and a Yamaha as501 amp. Items new except the amp which was ex display. Total price under £600. I’ve already been told the first LP to be played will be Taylor Swift!
Glad to see good hi-fi can be affordable !

Good evening all,

As requested on another thread the picture of my Quad system operating from a trailer in the shed testing the B&W DM4 speakers:-

TtD4gKi.jpg

There's a pair of Kans in the Linn box.

On the automotive front there is an Ex Post Office OB Land-Rover FC2B and the 1990 20V quattro..

Regards

Richard

Good evening all,

As requested on another thread the picture of my Quad system operating from a trailer in the shed testing the B&W DM4 speakers:-

TtD4gKi.jpg

There's a pair of Kans in the Linn box.

On the automotive front there is an Ex Post Office OB Land-Rover FC2B and the 1990 20V quattro..

Regards

Richard
oooh audi quattro!- - i has 2 coupes with the same 2.3 5 cly lump but could never afford the holy grail..

Latest amp combination good enough to pause the box swapping...EAR SUT / Phonobox and Krell 300iL integrated. Iron fist / velvet glove. I'd purchased the second-hand Krell just over a year ago to test with an new set of Magnepans at the time, but after that, it was put away and I'd ignored it completely. Decided to give it a spin with non-planar speakers, and also with the EAR combo. Result!

gi.mpl

I love the sideboard and the mid-century furniture along with the stained glass panel on the window, lovely!

gi.mpl
I'm sure I/we have commented on your taste in decor before but even so it bears repeating. That window is just wonderful and the choice of MCM aesthetic especially adroit and sympathetic.

advertisement

Back