advertisement

Have a go using postimage: https://postimages.org/.

Drag a picture over “Choose Images” and drop it or click onto the button “Choose Images” then Browse and find your picture

Copy the URL for the Hotlink for Forums and paste it into the PFM message

There are actually two full systems in this room, an Active Linn Kaber system, and a basic Naim system with Ruark Talisman 2s sat proudly in front… I’m really enjoying the Naim/Ruark system!
vo7LbC0.jpg

This Kaber system will probably be dismantled and sold on!

919CIFi.jpg

My main system is in another room and has been shown in a previous thread, but here goes!

KdXg2sK.jpg

BbaZEth.jpg

k34gZvl.jpg

gXistEa.jpg

IvwDLRX.jpg

Winter system engaged!

Replaced the JVC z1010 (summer) with the Cyrus Phono Signature / Audiomat Prelude Reference combo for the winter. Lose a bit of scale, gain a bit of immediacy & transparency. And the lid of the Audiomat makes a nice hand warmer when its -20c. Seriously.

Rest of the gear...VPI Aries / JMW-10 / Koetsu Urushi Platinum. Sony CDP-X7ESD. NAD 541i CD / HDCD player and NAD 4300 tuner. If you look closely you can see the HDCD led illuminated on the NAD in the cabinet, as I'm spinning some Joni Mitchell and I've got a stack of her stuff in that format. Also note the Stillpoints under the credenza!

gi.mpl

There are actually two full systems in this room, an Active Linn Kaber system, and a basic Naim system with Ruark Talisman 2s sat proudly in front… I’m really enjoying the Naim/Ruark system!
vo7LbC0.jpg

919CIFi.jpg

My main system is in another room and has been shown in a previous thread, but here goes!

KdXg2sK.jpg

BbaZEth.jpg

k34gZvl.jpg

gXistEa.jpg

IvwDLRX.jpg
Lovely and lovely !

Winter system engaged!

Replaced the JVC z1010 (summer) with the Cyrus Phono Signature / Audiomat Prelude Reference combo for the winter. Lose a bit of scale, gain a bit of immediacy & transparency. And the lid of the Audiomat makes a nice hand warmer when its -20c. Seriously.

Rest of the gear...VPI Aries / JMW-10 / Koetsu Urushi Platinum. Sony CDP-X7ESD. NAD 541i CD / HDCD player and NAD 4300 tuner. If you look closely you can see the HDCD led illuminated on the NAD in the cabinet, as I'm spinning some Joni Mitchell and I've got a stack of her stuff in that format. Also note the Stillpoints under the credenza!

gi.mpl
I love the original Aries. I picked one up in a trade, where I upgraded my first "real TT" Music hall MMF7 that i picked up in my mid 20's. Got a Benz Ruby H and a Pass Alephono too. He got my MM7/Goldring/Graham slee and cash. Worked out perfectly as he was downgrading and I was about to experience hifi vinyl for the first time. I upgraded to a Classic3, mistake, the Aries was better. My CA ICW is a few levels up to my ears. HIghly recommend seeking out the delrin platter, it is so great, a real improvement over SS and Acrylic IMO. The HRS weight on that table is stellar as well. One other thing, make sure you take the footer out from under the TT and relisten. I blew 2 years with the stillpoints five on my Classic 3, the original feet had so much more engagement. Peace.

Did the darTZeel replace an Arc amp 9and if so why)?
What is the rack?
No I’ve never had an ARC power amp. The darTZeel replaced an EAR amp as my “forever amp” some 15 years ago when it was reasonably? priced! The rack is an old Finite Elemente jobbie.

vo7LbC0.jpg

919CIFi.jpg

KdXg2sK.jpg

BbaZEth.jpg

k34gZvl.jpg

gXistEa.jpg

IvwDLRX.jpg
Lovely bit of kit :) Ive got ninkas as well in one omy systems - would love to find a sizmik in cherry like yours to go with them.

Very nice systems, particularly the Linn. I can imagine there is a few miles of cabling behind that setup to join it all together ;-)

Current System in 2022

Linn LP-12 with HiFi Guru Plinth, HiFi Guru laminated top plate, Stack Audio sub-chassis, Ittok Mk-3, DV-XV1s
Dynavector P-75 Mk-4 (un used TW-Acoustic Tube MC phono pre) P-75 sounds better.
Roon Server and 16TB NAS (full 14,000 albums)
DAC DEQX HDP-5
DEQX HDP-5 Pre-amp speaker correction / DSP linear phase 3-way crossover.
DEQX HDP-4 4th way digital crossover (slave to HDP-5)
DIY Zero global feedback class AB amplifiers 90w for midrange 3" & Tweeter 1"
DIY Zero global feedback class AB amplifiers 180w Mid / Bass 6.5" Isobaric
NHT XD Bass units 2 x 12' in each x2 500w class D
Speakers DIY fully active 4-way.

system.jpg

Lovely bit of kit :) Ive got ninkas as well in one omy systems - would love to find a sizmik in cherry like yours to go with them.
Thanks, that Sizmik actually belongs to someone else, it’s an onboard repair project, I’m trying to find a neat solution for repairing the original amp module… my Sizmik is next to the sofa, integrated with a MiniDSP. I do love the Ninkas, long term I want to go Exakt with them.

Very nice systems, particularly the Linn. I can imagine there is a few miles of cabling behind that setup to join it all together ;-)
Thank you, they’re both lovely setups but the Naim and Ruark is the best in terms of VFM, and it gets used a lot.

advertisement

Back