advertisement

I had an early finish today and have played around with the positioning of them a bit more. Pulled them out about two feet from back wall, oh my. The heavy fat bass has gone, it is now deep but fast, and they have lost the shrill top end I was getting, sounding mighty fine and dinky size adds to adoration. Huge sound stage and lots of detail, will give them a few hours and put the CELEF back in. This is fun, this hobby of ours!

51852614060_44a668a7ca_c.jpg

Allaes now swapped for Neat Momentum SX5is - very happy with them so far!

I do like you record storage cases...you made them yourself..?
Tidiest and most targeted mancave I've seen in a while..very nice !

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
made from raw mdf and functional rather than statement furniture pieces but can't fault the price and delivery has always been within a few days.

I goy my vinyl storage cubes from a guy on flea bay called Stuart, his seller name is the-london-label and they are well made and somewhat cheaper than the ones in the earlier post.

made from raw mdf and functional rather than statement furniture pieces but can't fault the price and delivery has always been within a few days.

Not sure how relevant this is, but you do need to be careful with unsealed MDF - potential health hazard. Google is your friend as there’s a lot discussed on the subject.

Look great though!

Latest set-up:-

Rega P8 with Alpha 3
Icon Audio PS1 MkII
Cambridge Audio Dacmagic 200M (fed by Mac Mini)
Musical Fidelity X-10v3 with Swagman PSU
Khozmo passive pre
Tag McLaren 100x4R (Kevin Green modded)
Russ Andrews Super Purifier

...and out of shot (rest of room not currently fit for human consumption!)
Copeland CDA266
KEF R3's
Wharfdale 150 sub (soon to be upgraded to a SVS 1000SB)

IMG_5221 by Andy Grey, on Flickr

Latest set-up:-

Rega P8 with Alpha 3
Icon Audio PS1 MkII
Cambridge Audio Dacmagic 200M (fed by Mac Mini)
Musical Fidelity X-10v3 with Swagman PSU
Khozmo passive pre
Tag McLaren 100x4R (Kevin Green modded)
Russ Andrews Super Purifier

...and out of shot (rest of room not currently fit for human consumption!)
Copeland CDA266
KEF R3's
Wharfdale 150 sub (soon to be upgraded to a SVS 1000SB)

IMG_5221 by Andy Grey, on Flickr

Although I have given up vinyl years ago I really dig the looks of those slim line Rega's. Elegant and superficially simple.

advertisement

Back