advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some spikes but we are in the process of moving house so I don't want to put any holes in the carpet :)

You're doing more damage to the carpet with what you've got in the picture. With the great weight of the stands you're crushing the fibres underneath, which will leave a mark. The spikes push between the carpet fibres and through the backing so they don't damage carpet at all. When you remove the speakers you've just got a small hole where the fibres have been pushed back. Just push the fibres together again.

Noob so go easy. Michell Gyro, MC100B valves, B&W CM9s...

iA1apxP_d.jpg

Static not pictured I see. If you've just moved in I'd get an electrician to give the house a once over, maybe the house wiring is degrading. Or is that what you're afraid of, that the sparky will put yellow tape over the doors and condemn the whole house?

You're doing more damage to the carpet with what you've got in the picture. With the great weight of the stands you're crushing the fibres underneath, which will leave a mark. The spikes push between the carpet fibres and through the backing so they don't damage carpet at all. When you remove the speakers you've just got a small hole where the fibres have been pushed back. Just push the fibres together again.

They're my old R4s, they've been sat on carpet with no spikes for about two years and only moved yesterday. There's already no evidence of where they sat, I presume the bottom plate size spreads out the load reducing any potential damage to miniscule levels. I'm sure they'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back