advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
New equipment stand arrived today, 350mm square 450mm high, so ideal for smaller items. I had been trying to get someone to build me a bespoke stand from speedframe or similar, but found no one willing, then found the ideal thing by accident, real plastic imitation walnut top, steel legs, not the last word in rigidity, and putting my STA25 on this stand did not result in inky black silences, or soaring highs, and stygian bass, but it got it off the floor.
20200707_134632 by Jem Hayward, on Flickr

Here it is in place:
20200707_142211 by Jem Hayward, on Flickr

Table comes from a new player in the audio industry B&M* Price £2500, err sorry £25.00, but you do also get a second slightly larger table free:
20200707_142203 by Jem Hayward, on Flickr

* B&M Homestores - Tromso nest of tables

Here I have the option of LS3/5a. I bought these earlier in the year for a house move and smaller space that hasn’t happened yet, so they have barely had any use. They will see some action if I decide to veneer the current KLS3 cabinets. I knocked the stands together from gash wood and painted them the same colour as the walls.

ps : The headphone stand is now not used.

I'm surprised you didn't do a proper job and paint the speakers to match as well. :)

A Luxman LX-380 arrived today on demo for a couple of weeks. It’s bigger than I expected.

4mxUBzdh.jpg

kfHHcyfh.jpg

Gorgeous amp !

The Lockwoods look like they are right up against the wall. Have you tried moving them away from the wall ? If you did, was there any noticeable difference in sound ? Also it appears from the photo that there's very little toe-in. Have you experimented with toe in ?

Regards,

Denzil

Gorgeous amp !

The Lockwoods look like they are right up against the wall. Have you tried moving them away from the wall ? If you did, was there any noticeable difference in sound ? Also it appears from the photo that there's very little toe-in. Have you experimented with toe in ?

Regards,

Denzil

Domestic considerations have dictated the placement of the Lockwoods so it was not possible to pull them out into the room. They're not absolutely hard up against the wall and they are toed-in a bit: measuring from the back wall, one corner is 7cm and the other is 17cm. I did try them with more toe-in but they encroached too much into the room and imo there was no improvement. They image really well as they sit.

New equipment stand arrived today, 350mm square 450mm high, so ideal for smaller items. I had been trying to get someone to build me a bespoke stand from speedframe or similar, but found no one willing, then found the ideal thing by accident, real plastic imitation walnut top, steel legs, not the last word in rigidity, and putting my STA25 on this stand did not result in inky black silences, or soaring highs, and stygian bass, but it got it off the floor.
20200707_134632 by Jem Hayward, on Flickr

Here it is in place:
20200707_142211 by Jem Hayward, on Flickr

Table comes from a new player in the audio industry B&M* Price £2500, err sorry £25.00, but you do also get a second slightly larger table free:
20200707_142203 by Jem Hayward, on Flickr

* B&M Homestores - Tromso nest of tables
Lovely space - and that fireplace! Can you light tapers with those speakers?

Domestic considerations have dictated the placement of the Lockwoods so it was not possible to pull them out into the room. They're not absolutely hard up against the wall and they are toed-in a bit: measuring from the back wall, one corner is 7cm and the other is 17cm. I did try them with more toe-in but they encroached too much into the room and imo there was no improvement. They image really well as they sit.

Thanks !

Two more questions, if I may. What's the distance between the two speakers (centre of driver to centre of driver) and how far away from your speakers is the sweet spot ?

Regards,

Denzil

Gorgeous amp !

Regards,

Denzil
I’ve been fortunate to hear them in Hermit’s set up and they work incredibly well in this layout. No boom whatsoever and a big, effortless ‘cinematic’ sound field. They also have what I think others have very accurately described as a sense of ease.

I’ve been fortunate to hear them in Hermit’s set up and they work incredibly well in this layout. No boom whatsoever and a big, effortless ‘cinematic’ sound field. They also have what I think others have very accurately described as a sense of ease.

I can well believe that !

Thanks,

Denzil

image1

I've joined the cult...first new speakers in about 30 years...boy they are good!

Tannoy should be congratulated, the Legacy series appear to be selling very well judging by the numbers cropping up on pfm.
I’ve had a few of the smaller Tannoy speakers over the years and have a pair of DC2000 boxed up at present but my only experience of the larger models was a pair of Berkeleys back in the late 70’s. I thought they were great but the cabinets appeared shallow front to back for their size very much like todays Legacy series.
I guess it’s cabinet volume that counts!
Anyway congratulations Seagullsnacker, great looking speakers and I really like the cabinet finish as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back