advertisement

System pics 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Rob, I'm very pleased with the result, even though its taken 13 months to get here!
The new cabinet have been tweaked by 10mm here and there and some additional damping materials added... same drivers, same cross-over, same tuning.

The rosewood version were like prototypes in comparison, these are like final production models in comparison - Wilmslow Audio have done a sterling job!

Love the minimalistic, elegant look.

Nightmare scenario; stack of Naim boxes, three turntables, fridge size speakers and records everywhere.

I'm in touch with my female side.

CK - beautiful speakers and setup.
On my laptop screen the first pair of speakers shown in post #340 look like American Walnut and your new pair which match your TV stand look like straight grain white Oak. Computer screens are notorious at displaying colours accurately.

Appreciated @KeithL ! The are indeed Walnut I did consider Oak as it would've matched the furniture! They are a warm light walnut so colours/tones are close.

I personally find when things are trying to match (perfectly) they rarely do, so best to let the natural effects of real woods do their thang.

Long time lurker but thought I would share as I have new speakers. Now need stands. Amp out of frame is a Leben cs300. Sorry cant find embed code on the Flickr app. What stands would you go for?

https://flic.kr/p/2eeaKDJ

I don’t have a recommendation for stands I’m afraid but it looks like the back of your tonearm should be lowered considerably!

Yes I know trouble is it is mounted in a massive granite plinth. I think the only way to do this is a new plinth

But your arm is clearly raised with a VTA Kit of some kind and your arm board is on spacers that are longer than they need to be.... lots of room for adjustment. Just removing the VTA kit will do most, if not all, of the required adjustment.

But your arm is clearly raised with a VTA Kit of some kind and your arm board is on spacers that are longer than they need to be.... lots of room for adjustment. Just removing the VTA kit will do most, if not all, of the required adjustment.
True. I am reminded of my favourite internet meme of the dog on the internet who has no idea what he is doing

My system in its current stage of transistion. The Neat XL6’s have gone (really miss those) and I’ve acquired some Neat Motive 2 from a fellow fish as a temporary move. Once the 252/SC/300 has sold, I will build a main system in another room, probably Meridian active with a higher WAF. Going to keep the baby Neats for a second system. They sound spectacularly good on the end of the Naim rig, far better than they deserve to!

Do you find that you vinyl replay suffers from a lot of crackling and pops with that system? ;)

Lovely old LP12 you have there as well.

Yes, it’s almost like having a centre speaker when playing vinyl. Brings added warmth to the sound of the old girl as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back