advertisement

System pics 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
finally a proper system in the living room (as long as you don't want speakers)

y4mEPOesXsPb2wD2Jr84x3SYBEcje36IjRxFe0N3ug2Pq2Sn1AJCuJva0ppbHm-5aYjdrFwhEarUbYnpkSki-Hs6kUuuKs9gj_qjrBqMfBSvkAVcMg8zmKZ_BxkDeTc8m5O_xWjpTewDCbdLSlnXF4WDTPWHSdHQFPsckvzv9yqPr-RJuHvP6vR65FXvLiRFks3iIRqhVHkA_H9nn4AAwZ7Fw

Rega RP8/Ania, Rothwell MCL SUT, Microrendu, Mytek Brooklyn Dac+, Audeze LCD-XC. Rega occasionally swapped for Funk LSD/Denon DL103r
- i love your phone!! remember those as a kid.....i assume its had modern internals installed??

thanks - all original, doesn't dial out but can answer calls

What network are you on? It should work on most of the BT network assuming it is wired-up correctly. I have a 1930s 200 ‘pyramid’ that still works fine even after I switched from BT to Plusnet (still the same network). To be honest I just use mine as a ringer, I love the looks and real bell, though far prefer my wireless digital as an actual phone to speak/listen on! I like the fact it does fully work though (plus it still works in a power cut which is potentially useful).

Sky. This is handy as it is right where it is needed if the phone rings rather than scrabbling looking for one of the digital handsets only to find it's not been replaced in the holder and is out of charge. There are dongles advertised that will convert to tone dialling but I have no idea if they work well and not fussed enough to try - I very rarely make phonecalls and my wife has not complained.

Much effort required in order to mount my Jelco in this automatic SL-1400 Mk2.

I own both and they are very different beasties under the skin. The 150mk2 mounts the beaning on a wooden base and only has feet for isolation, the 1410mk2 I have has a suspended subchassis (tunable!) and feels a fair bit heavier!! The platter/motor is the same, though.

S.

i love your phone!! remember those as a kid..

To me, that's almost a modern phone; I was using those only 30 or so years ago and have one in my garage. The next ones looked similar but had push buttons. Their predecessors were much more bulky (and usually black). Pissed me off that I had to rent the thing rather than own it in the days when B.T. was the only game in town, or the Post Office prior to that. Stretching my memory banks a bit here !

To me, that's almost a modern phone; I was using those only 30 or so years ago and have one in my garage. The next ones looked similar but had push buttons. Their predecessors were much more bulky (and usually black). Pissed me off that I had to rent the thing rather than own it in the days when B.T. was the only game in town, or the Post Office prior to that. Stretching my memory banks a bit here !

I would have gone for an avacado coloured rotary dial trim phone we had when I was a youth, but MrsI. bought this because the colours matched the cushions or something. I like it anyway.

y4mEPOesXsPb2wD2Jr84x3SYBEcje36IjRxFe0N3ug2Pq2Sn1AJCuJva0ppbHm-5aYjdrFwhEarUbYnpkSki-Hs6kUuuKs9gj_qjrBqMfBSvkAVcMg8zmKZ_BxkDeTc8m5O_xWjpTewDCbdLSlnXF4WDTPWHSdHQFPsckvzv9yqPr-RJuHvP6vR65FXvLiRFks3iIRqhVHkA_H9nn4AAwZ7Fw

Rega RP8/Ania, Rothwell MCL SUT, Microrendu, Mytek Brooklyn Dac+, Audeze LCD-XC. Rega occasionally swapped for Funk LSD/Denon DL103r

Hi Ibbots
How do you think the LSD compares to the Rega? Interestingly I swapped a Rega RP6 for an LSD and thought it was far better. I think you have an RP8 though so interested on your comparison.

Can I ask, what is your turntable support in the pic?

I used to use a platform with sorbothane feet under my Rega deck. I just assumed it would provide further isolation.

It was only when I swapped it out with a Custom Design Ref shelf, that I realized the support was limiting the sound.

One of these : http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/custom...HWscMmAAcbEuVCEcV56XjGOb6QYPGV4xoCw5EQAvD_BwE

That's a fantastic table lamp btw. The whole pic oozes quality. :)

Hi Ibbots
How do you think the LSD compares to the Rega? Interestingly I swapped a Rega RP6 for an LSD and thought it was far better. I think you have an RP8 though so interested on your comparison.
Well I originally audtioned the LSD and RP8 together and went for the LSD, mostly because it worked out a little cheaper and I was pushing my budget at the time. I have been happy with it for several years. Recently noticed BRady's were selling their demo RP8 (the one I listened to) and I had some spare cash so bought it. They are different but how much of that is down to the different cartridges I don't know. I could happily live with either but lucky enough to now have both and a couple of systems for them.

Can I ask, what is your turntable support in the pic?

I used to use a platform with sorbothane feet under my Rega deck. I just assumed it would provide further isolation.

It was only when I swapped it out with a Custom Design Ref shelf, that I realized the support was limiting the sound.

One of these : http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/custom...HWscMmAAcbEuVCEcV56XjGOb6QYPGV4xoCw5EQAvD_BwE

That's a fantastic table lamp btw. The whole pic oozes quality. :)
Why, thank you (the rest of the room is a bit of a mess but having a 10yo will do that). The lamp came from my parents, I remember them buying it on a trip to the Lake District about 40 years ago. The support is a homemade effort, a piece of 10mm perspex ordered to the size of the LSD sat on three sorbothane hemispheres (cost about £30)- originally used to convert a Rega shelf to accomodate the LSD. It is under the Rega as an easy way to provide a level surface, not have not yet tried the Rega without it but suspect that as I only listen on headphones isolation is not much of an issue.

I saw that RP8 at Brady's when they fitted my Apheta and adjusted the phono stage. :)

I also enjoyed the sound of the LSD they had in the dem room, but I didn't enjoy using the arm ... it's a small thing but it nagged at me.

@kabayiri I also have a couple of niggles with the arm, had to remove the arm lift - mine's a very early one and I think the design has been changed a little since. However it is a great sounding deck and the arm quite versatile with the sliding weight. When I demoed it at Brady's they had extremely expensive cartridge in place and it sounded fantastic but the relatively humble 103R I am now using also works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back