advertisement

System pics 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yurivv, I am probably speaking out of ignorance, but how do you get such nice stuff in Russia. It must be very expensive and rare especially the old classic Naims.

I mostly win the vintage Naim gear on British ebay. I have a British agent, a company that helps Russians to buy in UK by providing a British address, so ebay seller use a British address for delivery (this is not against the ebay rules - I have addresses in Britain, Germany, USA). So I have to pay for the lot + UK delivery, as well as for the services of an agent (these fees are actually very small) and delivery to Russia. On average, this logistics costs 40 - 120 pounds, depending on weight and size. But sometimes much more.

Russian Naim community is quite small, and one might say that I know most of the people. They mostly gather in a couple of russian audio forums. I dare to say that I am a well-known person in the Russian internet audio community, as a reviewer and co-founder of the Russian Naim club, and sometimes I help my friends and fellow Naim fans to buy vintage Naim gear. :) So in my flickr album you can find a large amount of Naim gear that was in my home system.

So in my flickr album you can find a large amount of Naim gear that was in my home system.

I came across your photos last year when I was searching for more info on olive gear. Most of the good photos were yours I believe. :)

I remember your collection of shoebox preamps is impressive!

I mostly win the vintage Naim gear on British ebay. I have a British agent, a company that helps Russians to buy in UK by providing a British address, so ebay seller use a British address for delivery (this is not against the ebay rules - I have addresses in Britain, Germany, USA). So I have to pay for the lot + UK delivery, as well as for the services of an agent (these fees are actually very small) and delivery to Russia. On average, this logistics costs 40 - 120 pounds, depending on weight and size. But sometimes much more.

Russian Naim community is quite small, and one might say that I know most of the people. They mostly gather in a couple of russian audio forums. I dare to say that I am a well-known person in the Russian internet audio community, as a reviewer and co-founder of the Russian Naim club, and sometimes I help my friends and fellow Naim fans to buy vintage Naim gear. :) So in my flickr album you can find a large amount of Naim gear that was in my home system.

OK Naim is great (I own a couple of 80's amps) - however those photos are so good I would love to know what the least expensive camera would be to achieve the same image quality (assuming you cannot get close to this with any phone on the market - otherwise I would upgrade my phone for the convenience of not needing to own both a camera and a phone)?

Thanks!

It's a shame about your dog... how big was the truck that hit it?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/yurivv69/8243984992/in/photostream/

:eek::D

Well, it's a privilege and a pleasure to have you and your wonderful photos with us! Please continue to share.

It's a shame about your dog... how big was the truck that hit it?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/yurivv69/8243984992/in/photostream/

:eek::D

Ahahah, lol, that joke about my "dog" and a truck is quite old. :) But seriously, this is the skin of a big bear. A hunter captured and killed the bear single-handedly in the deep forests of the Yaroslavl region. It was given to me a long time ago by my wife's relatives, who live in the countryside. I am not a fan of hunting and all that, but I could not resist. :) In truth, it is unusual to have such thing in a city apartment. Unfortunately, the skin can't lie on the laminated floor, so I took it to the mum's apartments, where the floors are wooden.

however those photos are so good I would love to know what the least expensive camera would be to achieve the same image quality?

You don't have to buy an expensive camera to make decent photos, if we talk about hi-fi. Almost any modern DSLR or MILC can do this job. Although I'm using Nikon D600, it's not nesessary to use full-frame DSLR. For example one can buy any APSC-sensor Nikon camera and Nikkor 35/1.8 DX lens (plus Nikkor 40/2.8 DX Micro if you want more close shots). I recommend (and use) only the fast prime lenses. But the light is what really nesessary! The natural light is absolutely must! Use the cheapest tripod that can hold your camera (in terms of weight), because shutter speeds are too long for handheld shooting when using basic ISO. And a little practice of course. :)

46139896011_fe279737a5_c.jpg

There you go. With the NS1000 and a British Blue!

What chair is that? I can't remember what they're called now.

Aren't the 800's a bit too close to the wall?

They do look it; nor do they seem toed in. I don't know where they're vented (as it's not the front) but if from the rear, they'll need a bit of space, I'd imagine. Can't believe these are almost as heavy as my old ProAc Response Fours (133kg each).

Eames Lounge Chair.
Had a (quality) repro for about 10 years. Looks the part but never found it comfortable. Sold it earlier this year. Don’t miss it. Oddly enough, my sons loved it. Must just be me!

Had a (quality) repro for about 10 years. Looks the part but never found it comfortable. Sold it earlier this year. Don’t miss it. Oddly enough, my sons loved it. Must just be me!

I find it really comfortable but I am 5'11". I imagine anyone much taller wouldn't be quite so comfy.

They do look it; nor do they seem toed in. I don't know where they're vented (as it's not the front) but if from the rear, they'll need a bit of space, I'd imagine. Can't believe these are almost as heavy as my old ProAc Response Fours (133kg each).

They vent out the bottom onto the speaker plinth.

My B&W N802’s are around a foot off the rear wall. Here’s an old photo, a few things have changed since I took this...

To keep things in topic, I did have a rug but one of my cats was sick on it while I was at work and unfortunately was beyond saving!

You don't have to buy an expensive camera to make decent photos, if we talk about hi-fi. Almost any modern DSLR or MILC can do this job. Although I'm using Nikon D600, it's not nesessary to use full-frame DSLR. For example one can buy any APSC-sensor Nikon camera and Nikkor 35/1.8 DX lens (plus Nikkor 40/2.8 DX Micro if you want more close shots). I recommend (and use) only the fast prime lenses. But the light is what really nesessary! The natural light is absolutely must! Use the cheapest tripod that can hold your camera (in terms of weight), because shutter speeds are too long for handheld shooting when using basic ISO. And a little practice of course. :)

One of my favourite cameras I’ve ever owned was an old Nikon D50, with a 35mm and 50mm prime lens, or my Sigma 70-300mm APO lense, it took some stunning images. Old and pretty low end in the scheme of things but it just worked beautifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back