advertisement

System pics 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
how's that Mytek amp?
It's funny, because I had an Exposure 2010S2D before and I was looking to seriously upgrade my amp and keep my speakers for a while (Tannoy Revolution XT6F).
Almost bought a really nice used Luxman L-590AX MKII, but then decided I wanted to try tubes and almost got a new Prima Luna Dialogue Premium HP. Then I discovered Pink Fish Media and saw somebody selling the speakers of my dreams for a price I could have never dreamed of (back in the Netherlands they retail for at least €5000 without stands, so I kind of closed the idea of ever buying them). I cancelled the Prima Luna deal and got the Harbeths here from Angus. Even though I really enjoyed them with my Exposure amp I was just looking around on eBay and discovered the Mytek Brooklyn AMP. Didn't even know it existed! As I'm a massive fan of the Mytek Brooklyn DAC (I prefer it over the Hugo2 and many other DACs I've tried) I thought I'd give it a try as my 'temporary' amp to test.

Long story short, I bloody love it! Can't believe the SQ coming out of such a tiny amp. It's a huge improvement over my Exposure 2010S2D. More air, bigger sound stage and a tighter bass.
I don't think I'll upgrade my amp for a while, really loving this combo :)

I am not one to tidy up for a system pic, real life warts n all...

my music room >>>

I have yet to sort out the cables and tidy the place up, and the room needs decorating... I have better things to do*

*I have got a special thing I made to hide all the wires, but I cannot be arsed to fit it as I am still farting aboot with stuff.

For the curious, here is the seating position...

Is this where you get most listening done these days? What are the other components?

Very nice space BTW.

Thanks, it is cosy and relaxing most of the time, though the bit you can't see in the pictures (behind and to the side of where I was located when taking the pictures) is in mid-redecoration at the moment so a bit of a mess. I guess, yes, most listening is done via the lounge now, either on LP if we are actually listening whilst in the lounge, or likely on CD if we are listening via the lounge system but are located in another room downstairs. At the moment the system in there is a Technics 1210 fitted with AT440mla cartridge, a Primare R32 phono stage going into a NAD C370 amp, and on to the Vienna speakers. CD replay is via a Pioneer blu ray player though I can't remember the model, which doubles up on TV duties for movie watching.

There are plans to try and fit a Meridian 557 and a pre of some sort in place of the NAD amp, but this will require a second rack adjacent to the one below the TV, due to height limits below the screen, so is on the 'to do' list. I'm very happy with how it sounds and how happy my wife is to use it too, so no rush to make it more complicated than it is at present.

Hope you're keeping well.

Are you a student big tabs?

Just a clear idea of what I like, and lucky enough to have a room (house) to do it in. In all honesty, it is quite tidy at the mo, normally there are piles of records waiting to be sorted/thrown away. Slight chaos is my m.o.

and my brain doesn't work properly.

Evening all, I don't think i've ever posted a picture of my listening room, I have shown you the system, but not the whole room.. I have just found my wide angle lens, so here you go :)

3cmhZj5.jpg

5Y50dc2.jpg

Reactions: MVJ
@Rug Doc Why do you place the speakers so close to the back wall? I'm very confident that they will sound better if there will be nothing between and beside them.

@Rug Doc Why do you place the speakers so close to the back wall? I'm very confident that they will sound better if there will be nothing between and beside them.

I have tried all sorts of positioning and the central image is not affected at all by where they sit in the picture, the fireplace doesn’t affect them at all. Moving them forward brings the soundstage forward in exactly the same manner that’s all.

NS1000ms are designed as a close to wall speaker... the boxes are sealed and using the masterset speaker positioning routine this is where they like to sit bass-wise.

I have a beautiful Parquet floor under the ghastly fitted carpet, and am getting that restored soon, so when that’s done and the carpet gone I’m sure I’ll have to have a position re-set.

Just a clear idea of what I like, and lucky enough to have a room (house) to do it in. In all honesty, it is quite tidy at the mo, normally there are piles of records waiting to be sorted/thrown away. Slight chaos is my m.o.

I looks refreshingly normal and lived in to me.

That’s a proper den, love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back