Not open for further replies.

- Audiolab 8200 CDQ
- Thorens TD-321 / SME 3009 S2 / AT 100 E
- Trichord Dino
- Apple MacBook Pro 2006 for Spotify, Soundcloud, internet radio etc
- Sony Tuner
- MC2 Audio MC650
- ATC SCM 20SL

Glad to see someone else using the top of a Expedit as an audio rack. I have the same thing going on: MacBook Pro, turntable and amp/DAC.

Flash git that Gromit. Are you done now ? Don't tell me how much better it sounds since the Kore went in .... I'm trying to resist .... ;)

One thing I am going to do is refinish my afro plinth so it looks more like yours. I waxed mine after the original lacquer deteriorated and started to lift, but think I'd prefer a satin lacquered finish now and the way it makes the grain pop.

Anyway, enjoy!

8646027104_57c73166e9_c.jpg

Mr Tibbs

Thanks fellas. :)

I really feel I got lucky with this one, especially as it was bought off the auction site. The plinth is virtually flawless, with the tiniest of 'nicks' on the front top edge about an inch in from the left corner. It's about 1mm long, that's all.

The Kore? The improvement is probably in the same ball-park as making a hefty cartridge upgrade - and will have been cheaper too.

Maybe I ask what processing you used to get the effect shown?

This was shot in the Fuji Classic Chrome film sim - added some vignetting and set the white balance to slightly warm, and that's pretty much it. Lighting is from a south-facing window to the right.

I've changed from a Jolia tube DAC/Creek Destiny 2 amp to a NAD c390DD.

Also some new stands for my LS50's, nowhere near as sturdy as my old ones but much higher WAF!

C390D is fabulous, the reason I bought it was to use the onboard EQ features as my LS50's had a bit of bass bloom in my room. But the amp has just good control of the bass I've not needed to use the EQ!

I really like the fuss free look of your system.

Newly arrived speakers after the speaker trial from hell.

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae10/dxevans/802/20161203_120807_zpsdnf853nw.jpg[/IMG]

First attempt to post pictures so here goes nothing.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back