Not open for further replies.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/157649568@N06/d7y0QE

The system:

q042mS

Let's see if this works!

Mmm. I will try again later!!

35755623983_e7b95ab865.jpg
[/url]IMAG1432 by michael clark, on Flickr[/IMG]

Having discovered my original effort at posting a link to the picture threw up rather a large version I have had a nose around Flickr and see that there is a facility to change the image size. This may work...

The line up:

Tangerine LP12, Aro, Clearaudio Concerto
Paradise
BT box and Samsung blu ray player
Wadia
Vitus
Epona PS for the LP12

Custom Designs stand
Chord Anthem and Signature cabling

Oh, and a pair of Wilson Sashas (still on their wheels whilst I fine tune placement).

Lovely. Any details? Curious about all the boxes and bits scattered about the fireplace...and is that a router on top of the woodburner - fireproof?.

Oops - details emerging. Very nice

Image size fixed! I'm still learning!!

Jensen - no, its not a router, rather its a card which will be removed before the autumn firing up of the wood burner.

As a long-time forum reader and only occasional poster (sorry!) I don't think I've posted my system in here.

I'm as much a home cinema enthusiast as a hifi one, so everything's lumped into one place but the Audiolab/Meridian/Kefs/Squeezebox/Chromecast Audio are all completely separate from the AV side when I only want to listen to music.

These photos were taken a few months ago when I changed to my new home-made cabinet which hides everything away nicely and offers a cleaner look.

I've had a wee bit of a re-arrangement of equipment since then (moved the Xbox to the other side for better ventilation and used a bit of worktop off-cut as a centre speaker riser) but it's much the same as when these were taken.

It's all completely overkill for my little terrace house but hey ho, it's good fun.

Equipment list:

TV
Panasonic TX-L50E6B - 50 inch LCD

Sources
Panasonic BDT120 BluRay Player
Xbox One
Nvidia Shield TV
YouView (Freeview)
Squeezebox Touch
Google Chromecast Audio

Amplification
Onkyo TX-SR705 surround receiver
Audiolab 8200DQ DAC/preamp for the Kef 3.2s
Meridian 557 power amp for the Kefs
MiniDSP for the sub

Speakers
Front: Kef Reference Model 3.2 in Rosetta Burr
Centre: Kef R200c in Rosewood
Rear: Kef Q100 in Walnut
Sub: BK Monolith in Cherry

NNoare9.jpg

ieSbJ0n.jpg

Mrd27f6.jpg

3KCeMVW.jpg

h76fi3B.jpg

Those look like KEF Ref 2's - I've got a pair too. What are you driving yours with - do I see a Meridian power amp or is it the audiolab? Interested to know how you find them.

Close - Reference 3.2s :) Powered indeed by a Meridian 557, fed by an Audiolab 8200DQ. I absolutely love them. They sound wonderfully rich and full at any volume level, no doubt helped by the ample amounts of horsepower being fed to them by the 557. I got them at an absolute bargain price and won't be changing them for anything, any time soon.

I suppose I should have included an equipment list :D - post edited.

It's made from 18 and 22mm MDF. The whole thing was primed/sealed with Zinnser 123 and finished with Dulux Concrete Grey eggshell, and 28mm walnut worktop :)

My new Maker Audio Ref 2A Monoblocks now arrived from Florida - unique...quirky....very high quality and they sound absolutely tremendous!

Coupled up with an Alchemist Forseti preamp that looks wonderful (to me anyway) - Lector CDP & DAC - and my lovely Avalon Eidolon "remade" speakers with external crossovers...overall sound...ASTOUNDING!

20170814_191431 by Andrew Zeglicki, on Flickr

20170814_191425 by Andrew Zeglicki, on Flickr

20170814_190926 by Andrew Zeglicki, on Flickr

20170814_190932 by Andrew Zeglicki, on Flickr

Close - Reference 3.2s :) Powered indeed by a Meridian 557, fed by an Audiolab 8200DQ. I absolutely love them. They sound wonderfully rich and full at any volume level, no doubt helped by the ample amounts of horsepower being fed to them by the 557. I got them at an absolute bargain price and won't be changing them for anything, any time soon.

I suppose I should have included an equipment list :D - post edited.

I've owned the Kef reference 201's but heard the "older" Reference 3-2 at a dealer a few times. Have to say you cannot go wrong with those. Makes you think about were have all the tech advancements in speaker design gone?!!!

My new Maker Audio Ref 2A Monoblocks now arrived from Florida - unique...quirky....very high quality and they sound absolutely tremendous!

Coupled up with an Alchemist Forseti preamp that looks wonderful (to me anyway) - Lector CDP & DAC - and my lovely Avalon Eidolon "remade" speakers with external crossovers...overall sound...ASTOUNDING!

20170814_191431 by Andrew Zeglicki, on Flickr

20170814_191425 by Andrew Zeglicki, on Flickr

20170814_190926 by Andrew Zeglicki, on Flickr

20170814_190932 by Andrew Zeglicki, on Flickr

Impressive system! I've recently bought some Maker Audio NL14+ monoblocks. They sound really good to me with plenty of power. Yours must be several rungs higher and better still!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back