advertisement

System Pics 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deuced odd that you've got that awning pile of Mana underneath everything *except* the turntable.

Did it not sound very nice with the Nottingham?

Deuced odd that you've got that awning pile of Mana underneath everything *except* the turntable.

Did it not sound very nice with the Nottingham?

The footprint of the Dais is quite large, with the non-optional base and the separate motor unit out the back. It doesn't fit on a standard mana erection. Certainly not the alter my old LP12 was on (now under the Revox). The standard rack is too high and also too small.

construction 2 par Jonathan Ribee, on ipernity

Additionally Tom Fletcher asserted on a number of occasions that his decks like a solid base. I have taken this assertion to heart and it sits on a 75cm square and 5cm deep slab of granite. It sounds gosh darned nice as well. Hopefully Guru Fletcher will approve from his place of enlightenment.

One day I will get some big sheets of glass made up and stick the Dais on one of the R2R stacks. This "one day" is going to be quite busy as I will also be running a marathon, re-reading Ulysses, visiting Tibet, working for Médecins Sans Frontières and creating the most perfect salt and pepper chilli squid that the world has ever seen. That sort of one day I will get around to it.

Finally got everything set up and working - six weeks after moving in.

Oooh, have you moved? What's the new room like? FWIW I never felt the old L-shaped space did the system justice, just too different an acoustic behind each speaker.

PS Tom Fletcher hated spiked metal stands etc - "all kinds of wrong" to his mind (I had a good chat with him at an audio show back in the late '90s when he was demming the Analog and Hyperspace). He recommended a nice solid wooden table, a lovely and very hefty example of which he'd brought with him.

JR,

Finally got everything set up and working - six weeks after moving in. Large record backlog to listen to now...

complete par Jonathan Ribee, on ipernity
O…M…G… that's awesome.

Just say no to lifestyle systems, fellow fishies.

Joe

Jonathan,

You need one of these, too, even though I have no idea what it does.

tumblr_n7kow9AFd41s373hwo1_1280.gif

Joe

Oooh, have you moved? What's the new room like? FWIW I never felt the old L-shaped space did the system justice, just too different an acoustic behind each speaker.

Tony - I'm now west of the Pennines, yet actually further away from you than I was before (Cumbria - in sight of Scotland over the Solway Firth).

According to Markus I have stolen your fireplace.

The room acoustics are rather good, and so far I've just stuck the Quads in the most logical place - I will experiment with positioning after I've got used to the start point with some familiar and favourite sides.

I'll go take some pictures so you can get an idea of the listening room space... ...hmm - had to use a crappy lens to get everything in...

Latest 1 par Jonathan Ribee, on ipernity

Latest 2 par Jonathan Ribee, on ipernity

Latest 3 par Jonathan Ribee, on ipernity

Latest 4 par Jonathan Ribee, on ipernity

Latest 5 par Jonathan Ribee, on ipernity

Latest 6 par Jonathan Ribee, on ipernity

Looks like a stunning room Jonathan, really nice. Big too!

PS For some inexplicable reason your fireplace has no Marvin The Martian guarding it from attack.

Looks like a stunning room Jonathan, really nice. Big too!

PS For some inexplicable reason your fireplace has no Marvin The Martian guarding it from attack.

Lovely room, I agree.

Obviously now fully protected by the angle-poise army, so whoever Marvin is I think he may be surplus to requirements.

I've just replaced a Rega RP8/Apheta with a Basis Audio Debut Gold Standard with Signature Bearing, Martin Bastin Wave Mechanic, SME V arm and today, I've installed a new Lyra Delos.
The phono stage is a Whest Audio PS.30R.
The headphone system is Senn. HD800s/HDVD 800 amp.
I use an Oppo 105D for SACD/CDs.

Thanks for looking.
Very nice turntable as is the rest of your system

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back