advertisement

System Pics 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
03a7e3c46b424882a63ad75fc78b603f.jpg

Not my system, unfortunately, nor my room. But I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy having both of them. Lovely.

Cool looking room and floor. Looks like polished concrete. What are those speakers?

That's a lovely room Markus. Very nice indeed :)

Lefty

Like I said, not mine. Here's the info that accompanied the photo:
Detroit, MI. Denon 103 MC Cartridge/SME3012 Tone-Arm/Lignolab Plinth/Garrard 401, Auditorium 23 Step Up Transformer feeding a Shindo Masseto Preamplifier, Shindo Cortese F2a Single Ended Amplifier, Auditorium 23 Speaker Cable, Vintage Altec Valencia Loudspeakers. Awesome.

to be honest it's the marriage of the room and the equipment that makes this such a nice photo. Tasteful restraint. Minimal. Nice furniture. Quality lighting. Proportionality and such.

...the only thing that spoils it for me, as always, is the presence of a plastic idiot-box in the middle

I'll bet he hasnt got kids :)

A very nice room and the classic Eames chair set is very nice to look at, but no so good to sit on IMO

I love the look of the Eames chair, but it doesn't fit my build. I'm currently looking at this

superb-vitra-repos-lounge-chair-and-panchina-by-antonio-citterio-easy-easy-chairs-800x533.jpg

I've been using the Eames chair for something like 35 years. Everyone finds it very comfy, including me. But as you get older (I am 66) it does get a little harder to get up. But not that hard....I'm a fan of classic modernist chair design, have a look at the Alvar Aalto 411 'tank' chair. Although that's low too. The Swedish chair shown above is essentially a 'homage' to Aalto, the original Scandanavian modernist.
I don't think most reproduction stuff offers the same quality. My Eames chair is still robust and serviceable after half a lifetime of hard use (kids use it as a roundabout!). The repro ones I have seen would not last anything like as long. but, no doubt, there are good and bad. I suppose I don't really like 'copies' of anything. Especially as there are a good few designers working now, with sensible prices. The 'Heals' annual sales are a good place to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back