advertisement

System pics 2012

My LP12 is now back from WYS&H, after a couple of upgrades, many thanks Colin.
Here is the obvious one close up:

DSC07796-1.jpg

DSC07794-1.jpg

The XX2 seems to be a popular choice as for your next upgrade have a listen to the WT Amadeus I moved from the LP12 to the WTA.

Mine is an integral part of the arm mechanism. There is a raised black circle that looks like it could be removed to fit one like yours though.

Mine is an integral part of the arm mechanism. There is a raised black circle that looks like it could be removed to fit one like yours though.

If you have an Ittok, that is an LVIII and it was considered an improvement (similar to the Ekos). The LVII has it mounted in the arm board and is prone to adding a zingy sound to the arm by ringing.

The arm board is the new style one with the different logo, I think- can't see if this part of any greater changes internally.

Amazing piece of mechanical engineering in that arm - how is it sounding?

Jason

Hi Jason - pretty amazing. Considering it replaced a Graham Phantom, the general view is that you are chipping away at the final few % - but it really is significantly better.

I went for the more tasteful colour as I felt it looked classier than the gold-bling effect you can get it in as well :)

The SQ is paramount but the engineering is quite something. Micha Huber is a very talented designer and engineer.

I am very envious indeed, are you anywhere near Oxford? I would love to listen to that record playing system.

Jason

I am very envious indeed, are you anywhere near Oxford? I would love to listen to that record playing system.

Jason

I am in Surrey, near to Epsom.
Once i get skool hols over with drop in sometime?

Rest of system listed on AoS forum. Not everyones cup of tea - but it's all subjective isn't it!

Cheers - Lee

Here are my system pics as it stands, i know the tt is not ideally positioned etc but am still adding the finishing touches to the speakers so need access to the backs, for those of you who don't visit the DIY section my speaker build is documented there.

So DIY Tannoy Westminsters, Well Tempered TT with Reference tone arm, Sugden Masterclass phono and an Acoustic Masterpeice (Airtight) valve integrated ppp at 22 wpc.

DSCN0824 by simon ms, on Flickr

DSCN0825 by simon ms, on Flickr

DSCN0826 by simon ms, on Flickr

DSCN0828 by simon ms, on Flickr

DSCN0830 by simon ms, on Flickr

Cheers Si:)

Si, there appears to be something nesting behind the TT?
Oh sorry its the cables!!

Somewhat of a mess but need to keep fiddling with the things so will tidy all that up when done, i must of had the backs off 100 times over the last few weeks...my arms are 2" longer than they were at the start of this project!
There are 30 bolts holding the backs tightly on as well.

:)

advertisement

Back