advertisement

System pics 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only we could hear it......... Looks stunning. I even called the missus over to have a look at what my listening room could look like in 15 years.......................................

Is that a little Bottlehead Crack I see sneaked into that awesome setup?

What do you think of it? Are you running it stock?

I built the Bottlehead Crack a while ago in stock form but there's a fault somewhere which I haven't got round to trouble shoot. Too busy with the horns.

If only we could hear it......... Looks stunning. I even called the missus over to have a look at what my listening room could look like in 15 years.......................................

Hehe! When I see photos of even crazier setup on the net, I would show my wife and tell her I'm more " normal " than them..:D

Cheers for the other comments.

A change on the speaker front - a pair of dipoles. Jamo R909s arrived this morning:

DSCF2407.jpg

DSCF2411.jpg

DSCF2408.jpg

DSCF2417.jpg

Sounding excellent. The bass quality is certainly superior to the Neat's rear ported version, but it's early days yet to make judgement calls. Must get a better camera though...

A change on the speaker front - a pair of dipoles. Jamo R909s arrived this morning:

DSCF2407.jpg

DSCF2411.jpg

DSCF2408.jpg

DSCF2417.jpg

Sounding excellent. The bass quality is certainly superior to the Neat's rear ported version, but it's early days yet to make judgement calls. Must get a better camera though...

Yowzas!! :eek:

The look kinda funky :)

Gromit,
did you have your Pl-71 arm refurbished now?
Oh, and have you found a good way of installing and calibrating the little weight on the left hand side? Don't really know which parameters to look for when doing so.

Cheers,
Tobi.

Here's a sheet with some information about the adjustment of that lateral weight.

the top part is from the PL71 owners manual

The lower part is from the Acos GST-1 owners manual

Both of these manuals are available on vinyl engine.

Acoslateralweight.jpg

DSCF2407.jpg

DSCF2411.jpg

DSCF2408.jpg

DSCF2417.jpg

...I love those!!!

Do you drive them with a couple of Exposures?

Cheers
Klaus

Here's a sheet with some information about the adjustment of that lateral weight.

the top part is from the PL71 owners manual

The lower part is from the Acos GST-1 owners manual

Both of these manuals are available on vinyl engine.

Acoslateralweight.jpg

Thanks for that, centered it in right between at 22mm. Vague instruction though, 4mm can mean the world in the analogue world.
The method described in the GST-1 manual appears rather strange to me.

I had previously taken this weight off for a while, assuming I don't need it as the player is perfectly level. Sounds fuller with it on though.

Cheers,
Tobi

PS: Still not finished renovating the place, new pictures of the system(s) in a few weeks.

Cheers, Theo :)

They sure look a bit industrial (the Exposures, that is). Maybe you can find a nice way to hide them in a wooden rack or shelf.

They must drive the speakers with quite some verve :)

DSCF2407.jpg

DSCF2411.jpg

DSCF2408.jpg

DSCF2417.jpg

Theo
That looks like a nice lot of Expo gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back