advertisement

Superb cables on a budget

Your a bundle of joy! This thread hasn't descended into a ' mess ' far from it..

Everybody with some experience in this wacky hobby knows that there is no “best…”; and that ethereal system synergy is entirely bespoke system dependent with NO basis for any one-size-fits-all “best” cable opinion, in a well-travelled subject matter.

HENCE ..,, Cable evangelism preaching “A-HA” moments elevated to a generality for BOTH expensive versus cheap cables , but especially for cheap ones; fails audio bulletin board discussion advancement.

If someone desires posting cheap vs expensive cable topics or experiences, then fully personalize it with direct hands-on experiences in an A-B bakeoff summary listing brand and model of competing cables, AND listing all associated equipment … AND ….with a fully expressed qualification that it applies only to HIS/HER bespoke system …. A fine but important distinction. ( others may have differing experiences forming their opinions , so let’s avoid soliciting “tossed-a-gauntlet “ forum response and the colloquial cable war. )

Ergo, use a rifle approach and not a shotgun approach …. Full stop.
DQXWLQh

Last edited:

Everybody with some experience in this wacky hobby knows that there is no “best…”, and that ethereal system synergy is entirely bespoke system dependent with NO basis for any one-size-fits-all “best” cable opinion in a well-travelled subject matter.

HENCE ..,, Cable evangelism preaching “A-HA” moments as a generality - for both expensive versus cheap, but especially for cheap ones - fails audio bulletin board discussion advancement.

DQXWLQh
What advancement? If you have a specific enquiry I think forums like this one can be very helpful..other than that? It's all just spluttering! Who knows whether your cables or my cables are better? Who really cares? Nobody! But look where these threads take us..bookcases, interesting views on plays ill never see..discovering half man half biscuit again! Brilliant...those stuffy bores who just want to stay on topic and drown in their own tedium..that's fine...but some of us like a bit of banter...before we also turn into tedious pedantic armchair arm wavers! ( not waving but definitely drowning)
So if you don't like the interesting diversion these threads may occasionally take? Feel free to postulate on those dreary threads no one ever looks at...

Any book with "transform your life" in the title is dishonest before you've even opened it.

I always wanted to author a series of self-improvement books and associated merchandise around the theme of 'How To Be A Born...'

First one in the plan is 'How To Be A Born Go-Getter. A 12 Step Programme.'

Sadly, I can never be arsed.

I saw that recently. I'm afraid I thought it was not great. The review have been remarkably mixed (two stars in Times, three in time out) with particularly favourable reviews in local press (Ham and High). I think time out got it right in their review (although the selective quote on the Park Theatre website is skilfully chosen).
Certainly is -in a different league.
It wasn't great, but the last time there I sat out the second half. The Fiennes got great reviews I think.
Richard Clothier from last night was leading in a play at the Hampstead Theatre a while back, my wife read the review in the car on the way and we turned round and went home.

To return to cables just for a moment this is quite interesting review/measurements and analogue null comparison of Belden’s new ‘Iconoclast’ cables,
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/belden-iconoclast-xlr-cable-review.33929/

ASR seems to generate threads thousands of posts long on products no one has ever used. I don't see the point. It's a bit like putting a review of a Ford Mondeo in Classic Car magazine. I had a look and I can't see he quoted Trollope, which is a shame, but his final put-down denigrating the designer's life work as a cable designer ("I am afraid Galen's engineering knowledge and experience is wasted in audio domain") would have made Pinter proud.

There's a lot of love for these Iconoclast cables and, as we all know, that's all you need.

Classic, in both ways. Boxer’s a good title, especially apt given the general combative nature of a dreaded cables thread.
But see where this thread takes us...a interesting journey to who knows where...a wise man once said walk in my shoes ( crocs ) for a mile ..I say have my shoes and crocs too...let us walk together and merrily pass the time with cheerful banter..

advertisement

Back