advertisement

Superb cables on a budget

There should be a rule like the classifieds, no threads started about cables until you have 50 posts :)

Yup.

The cold hard fact is most all these 3rd party “best of” / really bad” cable editorials (BOTH “YAY” and “NAY” and innocently posted or otherwise….) do not advance the forum discussion in any positive manner. It only emphasizes that there are two binary choice polar opposites for the merits or warts in beliefs in cables , and neither side will ever sway the other. The thread invariably deteriorates into a mess.

CANUCKAUDIOMART has gone even further addressing members perpetuating these divisive cable wars regardless of the number of prior posts: Essentially..,. banning more “cable war” fuel (Jesus moments pontificating one point of view and slamming the other cable option ) appearing as biased editorials on YouTube and elsewhere that are oft-repeated and tiresome divisive themes (cheap vs expensive, supreme“best” vs “the rest” etc, etc, )

It starts as a formal warning of poor play in the discussion and to cease & desist, with a likely removal of the discussion, and then a member forum ban for a repeat offender.

At work we have a tree surgeon who turns up when a tree looks dodgy..anyway we were chatting about hifi and I asked him about the interconnects he was using..he said they were freebie ones! I had to hand a pair of interconnects ( as you do! ) and gave them to him, reasonable quality much better than freebie grot..now everytime he comes to chop our trees down ..he mentions how much better his cd player sounds through the interconnects i gave him..isn't that a lovely hifi story..
And if you'd given him a sugar pill and told him it would get rid of his headache, he'd probably be thanking you for such wonderful painkillers. Tested and proved!

Yup.

The cold hard fact is most all these 3rd party “best of” / really bad” cable editorials (BOTH “YAY” and “NAY” and innocently posted or otherwise….) do not advance the forum discussion in any positive manner. It only emphasizes that there are two binary choice polar opposites for the merits or warts in beliefs in cables , and neither side will ever sway the other. The thread invariably deteriorates into a mess.

CANUCKAUDIOMART has gone even further addressing members perpetuating these divisive cable wars regardless of the number of prior posts: Essentially..,. banning more “cable war” fuel (Jesus moments pontificating one point of view and slamming the other cable option ) appearing as biased editorials on YouTube and elsewhere that are oft-repeated and tiresome divisive themes (cheap vs expensive, supreme“best” vs “the rest” etc, etc, )

It starts as a formal warning of poor play in the discussion and to cease & desist, with a likely removal of the discussion, and then a member forum ban for a repeat offender.
Your a bundle of joy! This thread hasn't descended into a ' mess ' far from it..

And if you'd given him a sugar pill and told him it would get rid of his headache, he'd probably be thanking you for such wonderful painkillers. Tested and proved!
Not at all..no placebo necessary, he took interconnects home and they sounded better! Of course they did..he was happy! That's the important thing..hifi happiness!!

Ok. I’ll have to do an experiment. I need to try some different interconnects on my system. I can get hold of some medium level and high. I’ll take this seriously, level match and report back with honesty.

I'm not denying his happiness, good for him. But you set up his expectations.
I'm not sure I did...he did the listening not me..I don't think people are so easily swayed to be honest..the proof of the pudding is in the listening! This is the problem with cable sceptics, they refuse to listen..they only listen with their prejudices..never with their ears..a very sorry state of affairs in my opinion.

I wonder how much of this is expectation bias. There may be differences but I feel some audiophiles often exaggerate these differences. Personally, I believe the differences are minor.Sometimes they may seem like improvements.

I'm not sure I did...he did the listening not me..I don't think people are so easily swayed to be honest..the proof of the pudding is in the listening! This is the problem with cable sceptics, they refuse to listen..they only listen with their prejudices..never with their ears..a very sorry state of affairs in my opinion.
Have you read this The Expectation Effect: How Your Mindset Can Transform Your Life https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1838853278/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Worth a read and quite eye opening to what gullible, lackies we all are.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I'm not denying his happiness, good for him. But you set up his expectations.

Being a ‘Special Builder’ you set up my expectations..but the end result was negative unlike Tree man whose end result was positive. Doh, that ruins that hypothesis then. Not all expectations are positive.

Have you read this The Expectation Effect: How Your Mindset Can Transform Your Life https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1838853278/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Worth a read and quite eye opening to what gullible, lackies we all are.
Lol...no I haven't nor will I.. I don't need books..I think for myself! Its quite liberating..this is why I'm so popular here, us freethinkers are a rare breed..either loved or loathed? Mostly loved I believe..i read poetry..poetry is great...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I wonder how much of this is expectation bias. There may be differences but I feel some audiophiles often exaggerate these differences. Personally, I believe the differences are minor.Sometimes they may seem like improvements.
It's more about hifi happiness..if you or me are happy..with our hifi..who cares what others may think..

Yeah. Because what did anyone ever learn by reading a book?
I'm not sure? I form my own opinions...I don't need science to listen for me and I certainly don't need books to do the thinking for me..but I do read poetry..poetry is great! They say music soothes the savage beast..I think poetry can also do this...why don't you go and read a poem?

I'm not a cable sceptic but I am a cable evangelist sceptic( IME they are usually either delusional or FOS), there are some very good cables, you can get good performance on a budget or pay through the nose to the snake oil salesmen but still be happy.
One thing that does amuse and niggle is most companies with good reputations like Cardas make high quality/ high performance pro/ studio cables for relatively sensible money, say £10-£25/m. It's amazing really that (for donkeys years) the information from performances has been transmitted down these kind of cables and reached the recording. However in order to retrieve this same information they will sell you a cable costing £1000's /m.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back