advertisement

Starting to get warmer... any other motorcyclists gearing up on here?

As my only transport I’ve been on my GSX1250FA all year though my usage has reduced since acquiring my bus pass:D.
As I’ve mentioned before is is getting a bit heavy for my old bones especially rolling it out the garage. I was sorely tempted to buy a new SV650 over the winter but this years colour schemes left me cold.

The only other one I fancy is a Honda CMX1100 but it’s very hard to justify with the limited mileage I’ll be doing!
If you want a SV 650 but the new colours aren't to your taste, why not buy a 2-3 year old one? loads to choose from. Save a couple of thousand pounds, get something that's done say 5000 miles. If it's not been dropped in that time, what's not to like?

If you want a SV 650 but the new colours aren't to your taste, why not buy a 2-3 year old one? loads to choose from. Save a couple of thousand pounds, get something that's done say 5000 miles. If it's not been dropped in that time, what's not to like?

That’s what’ll likely happen, just not sure how long I’ll be able to swing my arthritic legs over it:(:(.

I renewed my insurance this week and on checking it’s mileage I’d done 400 miles in six months! Advantages of a bus pass I guess. Oh, fully comp ins premium was less that the roadside, legal and leathers cover:D:D:D. I must be getting old.
There was also talk on one if my YouTube links of the government stopping ice motorcycles. Seems they’d forgotten about two wheels up till now though no specific date was given!

Bought a bike last week - loving it so far :)

20220610_143907.jpg

Hope it was anyone on here pulling a wheelie at 70mph & close passing a cyclist near Derwent reservoir earlier today;)

I still occasionally crave my Moto Guzzi Le Mans mk11. Despite its weight, was surprisingly good scratching on the St Ives / St Just route. I originally bought it for a six months course in Plympton; travelling from Falmouth each day rather than some grim bedsit five days a week. Good call:)

Bought a bike last week - loving it so far :)

Excellent choice sir!

Posted this before probably. but what the heck..there's always room for another triple, or two ..

5kYL3f8l.jpg

Mine has the underseat exhaust routing - but like yours also has an Arrow aftermarket can on it. They do sound rather excellent :)
As they say round here - Keep 'er between the hedges.

^ I try to limit my wheelies to 3-figure+ (imperial) speeds at a minimum. Less chance of a detailed description, and also gives you a good head-start if you happen inadvertently to pass the Federales :)

I thought some of the two-wheeled members might appreciate the stunt riding in this Rosalia video - filmed in Kyiv in happier times.

advertisement

Back