advertisement

Squeezebox and Orange Squeeze Issues

The modifications that can be done too the SBT are quite impressive. A linear psu works, but the best i’ve heard after the mods was powering it from a battery.

A powerbank style battery?

I remain unconvinced by the sonic impacts of swapping out PSUs on SBTs - of which I have a number. It has to be said that the OEM psu is not high quality, but i remain confident that me bits are in tact and no audible RF etc finds its way into my actives.

Not so, it works on mysqueezebox

ronnie

Interesting - I just tried on MySB.com and can see Tidal (not installed) but cannot see Spotty or Qobuz apps, both of which only work on local my LMS instance as plugins. I presume thats beacsue these are from 3rd party LMS dev community.

No big deal, since both can be listened to directly from ios or android, when away from local LMS.

Nice bit of kit - esp all the BT codec supports. It seems to review very well. Do you also listen with wireless cans.
No I don't. I have the cheapest of cheap BT earphones (aliexpress I think) but that's the height of my headphone experience.

...that's a whole new world to explore. :)

but for now enjoy your SBT experience.

My fav LMS option plugins for streaming are:
BBC iPlayer
Radio Paradise
Soma FM
Classic.com
Qobuz
Spotty
Youtube

My fav integration plug in is:
AirPlay Bridge - this enables you SBT and instances to act as AirPlay devices.

I know you have Android but if you do have iOS devices from which you wish to control LMS, or use as additional SW players, then I use Squeezepad and iPeng for pad n phone respectively.

If you run a PC then you can also install a SW instance that runs as an additional player on your desktop. Squeezplay is my fav.

pm or post if you need any help

Tha
My fav LMS option plugins for streaming are:
BBC iPlayer
Radio Paradise
Soma FM
Classic.com
Qobuz
Spotty
Youtube

My fav integration plug in is:
AirPlay Bridge - this enables you SBT and instances to act as AirPlay devices.

I know you have Android but if you do have iOS devices from which you wish to control LMS, or use as additional SW players, then I use Squeezepad and iPeng for pad n phone respectively.

If you run a PC then you can also install a SW instance that runs as an additional player on your desktop. Squeezplay is my fav.

pm or post if you need any help
Thanks, once I'm back on Thursday I'll no doubt need some assistance to get other stuff on board....I'll treat you to a Cap'n Jaspers once I'm off my diet!

advertisement

Back