advertisement

Squeezebox and Orange Squeeze Issues

myles

Intentionally left blank
I've just jumped on the two decade old Squeezebox Touch train and have created myself a mysqueezebox.com account etc, added Tidal and wanted to use Orange Squeeze as a controller.

The issue is when I try to connect using my mysqueezebox.com logon it doesn't like it, and tells me the username or password are incorrect. I've checked my username (I'm using my email) and password on the .com and it's fine. Is anyone aware of any pitfalls I could be experiencing?

I keep a Squeezebox Radio connected to Mysqueezebox.

I have just re-installed OrangeSqueeze on my Ist gen MotoG. Connected to MySqueezebox and started playing fip on the Radio.

So it does work o_O

ronnie

...have you entered the details in your LMS server settings page?

Open Web control>Settings (bottom right)
check mySB.com settings
Then hit Plugins to make sure Tidal is installed
Then re-enter Tidal login and password.
Restart server and all should be good.

I don't use Tidal, but this approach worked for Qobuz on LMS. If Tidal is similar then it only works from your local server and not MySB.com.

Assuming this is a second-hand Touch, I seem to remember there can be problems if the previous owner hasn’t unregistered it from his account. I’m sure someone who knows and remembers more than I do can confirm or correct me.

...I just had a new (to me) SBT arrive today from GNT.
Had it hooked up and running in minutes. :)

Real shame Logitech bought then dropped it. Bet they rue the day now streaming services have come that much further, and that higher resolutions are being more widely adopted.

...I just had a new (to me) SBT arrive today from GNT.
Had it hooked up and running in minutes. :)

Real shame Logitech bought then dropped it. Bet they rue the day now streaming services have come that much further, and that higher resolutions are being more widely adopted.
Mine is running but I want to control it from my android phone using Orange Squeeze app. I'm just trying to connect one to the other.

Assuming this is a second-hand Touch, I seem to remember there can be problems if the previous owner hasn’t unregistered it from his account. I’m sure someone who knows and remembers more than I do can confirm or correct me.

Not a problem now Logitech dont sell them anymore.

Gintonics previous SBT was factory reset, then it wants you to register it to your own account, as part of boot up. It's all very easy.

I'm pretty sure my account is the only one on the SBT, but I can check - I think.

Mine is running but I want to control it from my android phone using Orange Squeeze app. I'm just trying to connect one to the other.

Are you on same wi fi as your LMS server?

Not a problem now Logitech dont sell them anymore.

Gintonics previous SBT was factory reset, then it wants you to register it to your own account, as part of boot up. It's all very easy.
Yeah, I had his other one.

FYI mysqueezebox.com controls the SBT fine but I want to be able to use nicer GUI. At least I know the phone connects in some respect.

So when we are talking LMS server, I am using mysqueezebox.com . It is on my phone, and both are on the same WiFi.

From a cursory glance at the Orange Squeexe site, think you need to run a local server version of LMS to run the Tidal app, and not just the mysquuexebox.com remote server which does not see local music or apps.

<<Orange Squeeze automatically discovers and connects to your local Logitech Media Server (7.0 and higher) or the mysqueezebox.com web site.>>

Hope this helps.

From a cursory glance at the Orange Squeexe site, think you need to run a local server version of LMS to run the Tidal app, and not just the mysquuexebox.com remote server which does not see local music or apps.

<<Orange Squeeze automatically discovers and connects to your local Logitech Media Server (7.0 and higher) or the mysqueezebox.com web site.>>

Hope this helps.
To the laptop then?! Ok, I'm away for a few days now so I'll let you know how it goes on Thursday PM.
Thanks

@guest and @Man in a van and everyone else - success! I deleted my tidal details and re-added them and now I'm in!! Now to wait until Thursday to enjoy the delights.

I'll add Paradise too I think.

Thank you all again.

Enjoy. It’s a great source.
RP plug in app is worth downloading. As is iPlayer. YouTube is pretty good to

dAC next?

advertisement

Back