advertisement

Spotify strategy

I ditched Spotify as I objected to them paying Joe Rogan $100m for his podcast. Can't stand the man and I didn't want any of my money funding him.

I use Deezer instead and although it's not as good an interface or as ubiquitous in other devices it's good enough for me. I even went from streaming/bluetooth in the car to just loading up a massive USB stick with FLACs with shedloads of albums I love.

I wouldn't go back to Spotify on principle, HD tier or not.

Are you going to ditch Deezer because Michael Jackson is on there?

Are you going to ditch Deezer because Michael Jackson is on there?
I've never listened to any of his tracks so presumably he's not been paid as a result of my not-listening.

Rogan will be paid his $100m+ from the pot either way, as were the Sussexes who don't seem to understand that no-one gives a **** about them and wish they would just quietly disappear. Apparently they were paid $20m and only produced 12-episodes of a podcast.

I own no Apple products at all. As for Foxconn-made components it would be hard to say as I'm not in the habit of dismantling things I've bought but I suspect there may be some components somewhere.

Not sure what any of this has to do with Spotify though; what a bizarre line of questioning.

Ah, the old if you object to this you have to also object to everything bad in the entire world ever or you're just a hypocrite argument

Is it because people think Rogan is right wing or something. He has some great minds on his podcast and it is the most listened to in the world. It was a smart move for both parties - to boycott it over that is .. well, it's silly.

I for one, heard of no lies or mistruths during the pandemic. That just sounds like an impartial debate between two opposing thoughts to me. I thought you would have boycotted him for trans sports rights or something. Oh well, anyway

The list of reasons and examples is long; I just don't have the need or the time to justify my dislike for him that extensively to some oddly-obsessed weirdo on the internet.

Perhaps you could let the thread get back on-topic about Spotify now, eh?

The list of reasons and examples is long; I just don't have the need or the time to justify my dislike for him that extensively to some oddly-obsessed weirdo on the internet.

Perhaps you could let the thread get back on-topic about Spotify now, eh?

Weirdo? It’s a bit strong isn’t it?

Cheers BB

advertisement

Back