advertisement

Speeches in parliament over anti-semitic activities.

I think you are simply wrong on that. Most people take the plight of the Palestinians as a given and are sympathetic to their cause. They associate them more with the harsh conditions they are forced to live under than anything else.
Most people could not give a toss about the plight of the Palestinians. They are just a minor horror surrounded by much greater horrors like Syria, The Yemen.
Their plight is just part of the interminable, totally intractable shit storm that is and has been for millenia, the Middle East.
Nothing there is ever going to change for the better. It does not have any direct impact upon the daily life of the U.K.
As such, it can be safely ignored.

Chris

Most people could not give a toss about the plight of the Palestinians. They are just a minor horror surrounded by much greater horrors like Syria, The Yemen.
Their plight is just part of the interminable, totally intractable shit storm that is and has been for millenia, the Middle East.
Nothing there is ever going to change for the better. It does not have any direct impact upon the daily life of the U.K.
As such, it can be safely ignored.

Agreed, but once the penny drops that the Tories have cost hundreds of thousands of people their jobs with their idiotic Brexit debacle I’d expect the mood to change somewhat. I suspect they are heading for a very long period out of power once the damage they have caused to this country becomes clear. Labour are crazy in not providing a credible opposition on the matter, but things will swing back towards them as Brexit is clearly a Tory ‘thing’.

If push comes to shove, I'll just leave the country. Corbyn can rot in hell before he gets his hands on any of my cash.

Chris

Where are you going to go?, if you go to a tax haven like Monaco it will be expensive even for you and if it's any other country they probably have a similar tax structure to the UK and you might find they are not as amenable to offshore trusts as the UK is.

Where are you going to go?, if you go to a tax haven like Monaco it will be expensive even for you and if it's any other country they probably have a similar tax structure to the UK and you might find they are not as amenable to offshore trusts as the UK is.
I already own a place somewhere hot and sunny. It is in an offshore trust. It's where I keep the majority of my money.
The only reason I am not already domiciled there is the grandbairns.

Chris

I doubt whether 5% of the British electorate are aware of Corbyn's position on Israel/Palestine, and of those 5%, 4.9% will already be true believers.
And the public perception of the Palestinians are that they are mainly associated with suicide bombers, rocket attacks and a burning desire to see Israel driven into the sea.
As soon as the Tory spin machine goes to work on Corbyn's position, he will be perceived as a rabid supporter of terrorism, and reverting to type as an ingrained anti-Semite.
A not far off the mark perception, IMHO.

Chris
Pulling percentage figures out of your arse. Speaking on behalf of 'the public' when you readily admit you only identify with the small percentage of the extreme right-wing amongst them. Switching to Mark Regev mode with your Zionist propaganda...

A totally wide of the mark, off-the-wall extreme right-wing concoction of pure bull shit and lies.

You're some ticket, I'll give you that.

Pulling percentage figures out of your arse. Speaking on behalf of 'the public' when you readily admit you only identify with the small percentage of the extreme right-wing amongst them. Switching to Mark Regev mode with your Zionist propaganda...

A totally wide of the mark, off-the-wall extreme right-wing concoction of pure bull shit and lies.

You're some ticket, I'll give you that.

Max, you must get it into your head that most people really do not give too much of a shit about the plight of the Palestinians. It does not have any impact on their day to day lives, shit has been going down in the region for millennia, and, apart from the occasional entertaining wars where the Israelis kick the shit out of sundry arabs, the problem is simply not on their radar.

Chris

Mescalito, as the forum expert on not giving a shit, I naturally bow to your greater experience in that regard, but it may be a mistake to assume, as you often appear to do, that your viewpoint represents that of the majority. Personally, I'd put your views some way off the middle of the bell curve, which implies that you are not so much in the majority as you might suppose.

Max, you must get it into your head that most people really do not give too much of a shit about the plight of the Palestinians.
I think most people do give quite a lot of shit about the plight of the Palestinians.

But they also understand that they are in a hole of their own making and that while people with bad intentions keep throwing them spades, that is where they are fated to remain.

Paul

I think most people do give quite a lot of shit about the plight of the Palestinians.

But they also understand that they are in a hole of their own making and that while people with bad intentions keep throwing them spades, that is where they are fated to remain.

Paul
I doubt the plight of the Palestinians crosses the minds of the majority (the majority, not the self selecting group of left wing liberals who populate the PFM politburo) from one week to the next.

Chris

I think that people are interested in the plight of the Palestinians only when they can say that Israel is a terror state.

In all other events in the world, nobody cares of no one.

Even in the PFM it is obvious that the I/P conflict rises only when max (and few others) want to slander Israel.

If human rights is the issue - how many threads, for example, are here about innocent Turkish citizens that Erdugan put in jail because of political reasons?

To few here and to many in the West World, the issue is not human rights and they care nothing about human rights, unless, as I said, Israel is involved.

Add to this that among those who like to slender Israel, few (to be polite) know nothing about Israel.

Arye

Arye, do not assume what one crank says represents the majority, it simply isn’t true. The term ‘terror state’ is used to garner attention and appear radical, and most are well aware of that. It’s the same as ’killary’, though that no longer appears either clever or relevant.

I do not support for a minute the actions of your current government, by the way, but am not blind to the fact neither do a lot of Israelis.

advertisement

Back