advertisement

Speakers for Tony

If the ProAcs eat one of the flashing pills, the Tannoys get all scared and run away and the ProAcs get to chase and eat them. Oh, and don't leave any fruit out.

Tony,

I'm afraid I don't quite understand - is this a full range design? If not, where's the tweeter? I understand the opening at the bottom is the reflex port?

Samuel.

google dual concentric

(if you added klattu barada nicto to those words, it probably wouldn't sound any weirder)

Oh they *are* dual concentrics? They don't look like it... I assume there is some sort of dust cover / protection over the tweeter?

Oh they *are* dual concentrics? They don't look like it... I assume there is some sort of dust cover / protection over the tweeter?

Yes, a 15" paper cone with a 2" aluminium compression driver / horn firing through the centre. Full details here. The dust cover is fairly open-weave so there is no issue with the treble getting out, though some folk do remove it as they think it sounds better. The current Tannoys don't have one. The amazing thing is how successfully that huge great cone runs up into the midband. Some laws of physics are being denied there.

Tony.

Samuel,

The tweeter thingy is under the dust cover.

TannoyCutAway.JPG

---------------------

JR,

Before the Internet I felt I was alone in my weirdness, but I am now convinced that I have an identical twin somewhere in the UK, who thinks like me, acts like me and talks like... OK, two out of three.

Joe

Very nice Tony! They look great in an industrial form-follows-function sorta way. Far better than speakers that try to look like fuddy duddy furniture.

Good to close one (bad) chapter and move on, especially in such a short period.

Lesson for the rest of us.

Hi, I have inherited a pair of Tannoy speakers LSU/HF/15/8 from the 70's. I was wondering if anyone had any advice for the best place to sell them and what sort of price they are worth? Thanks!

advertisement

Back